PDA

View Full Version : scene set up, help

Talking_Pie
12-24-2002, 04:09 AM
im making a frame by frame animation, i make one scene and save it, then make another, how do i join the two scenes together afterwards to package it all into one long movie?

Ian Jones
12-24-2002, 04:37 AM
You need to put an action into the end frame when you want to continue. I don't know it off the top of my head but its basically

GotoAndPlay (scene2, frame1)

or something similar. Just use the actionscript menu and explore the movie control section.

Talking_Pie
12-24-2002, 04:43 AM
thanks so much ill give it a shot!

Matrix
12-24-2002, 05:39 AM
That's right,

gotoAndPlay( scene, frame )

where 'scene' is the name of the desired scene and 'frame' is either the frame number or label to which the playhead is directed. The 'scene' argument is optional,

gotoAndPlay( frame)

sends the playhead to the frame number or label in the scene of the current timeline.

good luck with your movie!

Talking_Pie
12-24-2002, 05:47 AM
cool thanks a lot although i know almost nothing about flash, ill give it a shot

fig
12-24-2002, 05:54 AM
actually, if i'm getting this right you're creating a scene in a movie, saving it (movie01.swf), then creating another scene in another movie and saving it (movie02.swf)? if so then you're really kinda missing out on the idea of scenes, scenes are designed to be different parts of one movie. actually tho, you're onto a better way to do things, use separate swf's or movieclips loaded into a main movie, gives you far more control and flexibility

chris

Talking_Pie
12-24-2002, 06:02 AM
ya thats exactly what im doing, but thanks, hope it works out ok then

Ian Jones
12-25-2002, 12:58 PM
ahh, yeah he is doing it differently. He isn't using scene's, but seperate movies instead. A whole new ball game.

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 02:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.