PDA

View Full Version : // Info (Mayatomr): Aborted //

lemonyfresh
03-28-2006, 03:00 AM
Hey.

I'm new to CG Talk. I hope to get into the thick of it pretty fast. Anyway I get this message when I try to render with mental ray
// Info (Mayatomr): Aborted //
Further, it tells me in the render log things like this:
LINK 0.0 error 191007: cannot load C:/Program Files/Alias/Maya6.5/mentalray/lib/base.dll, The specified module could not be found.
LINK 0.0 error 191007: cannot load C:/Program Files/Alias/Maya6.5/mentalray/lib/physics.dll, The specified module could not be found.
LINK 0.0 error 191007: cannot load C:/Program Files/Alias/Maya6.5/mentalray/lib/mayabase.dll, The specified module could not be found.
LINK 0.0 error 191007: cannot load C:/Program Files/Alias/Maya6.5/mentalray/lib/contour.dll, The specified module could not be found.
LINK 0.0 error 191007: cannot load C:/Program Files/Alias/Maya6.5/mentalray/lib/subsurface.dll, The specified module could not be found.
LINK 0.0 error 191007: cannot load C:/Program Files/Alias/Maya6.5/mentalray/lib/mi_openexr.dll, The specified module could not be found.
LIB 0.0 info : mental ray for Maya - startup done
MI 0.0 error 121417: C:/Program Files/Alias/Maya 6.5/mentalray/maya.rayrc, line 32: cannot find $include file "C:/Program Files/Alias/Maya6.5/mentalray/include/subsurface.mi"
Error: (Mayatomr.Export) : mental ray startup failed with errors
MSG 0.0 info : wallclock 0:00:24.18 total
MSG 0.0 info : allocated 1 MB, max resident 2 MB

So it sounds like the maya is no longer finding my plugins, so I unloaded MR and Reloded it. trashed my preferences and Reinstalled maya to no avail. The wierd thing is that these files are in their correct directory. More wierdness is that MR will not work in any scene new or old.

Does anyone Know what is going on?

cgtriguy
03-28-2006, 03:41 AM
Have you messed with the rayrc file lately? Have you installed or removed any new shaders? If so one of those issues may fouling things up for you.

ftaswin
03-28-2006, 06:12 AM
have you been trying to use satelite latety?

maya.rayhosts can cause you so much headache. If you find this anywhere in C: or my Document, trash it or zip it and hide it, name it something else.

That's one thing I can think of at the mo

lemonyfresh
03-28-2006, 06:13 AM
Hey GWB, Thanks for the reply, now I haven't edited the rayrc file, that was one of the errors, so I went to my other computer where Maya MR renders are functional and copied the rayrc file and copied over the one I believed to be corrupt and that had no effect.

lemonyfresh
03-28-2006, 06:26 AM
Hey Farry, I don't use the Satelite renderer, but I shut down Maya, deleted the maya.rayhosts file and reopend Maya, shot a render and got the same error.

Bonedaddy
03-28-2006, 07:07 AM
There -has- to be something wrong with your paths, or your MR plugins. Assuming everything is, indeed, in the right place -- which it sounds like it's not -- edit your rayrc file to take out any MR things you downloaded from the web, leaving it with just the base ones.

I'd even try copy-pasting the pathname it's kicking at you, to make sure there's no typos in it.

lemonyfresh
03-28-2006, 08:56 AM
Okay, Thanks Jason. Here's what happend. I did take a closer look at the path error it was kicking out (I imagined that any flaw here would have been taken care of by reinstalling Maya, but I was wrong). Curiously there are two folders in C:\Program Files\Alias called maya 6.5, however one of them has a space: maya 6.5 and the other does not: maya6.5. It appears that the path to the one WITHOUT the space is the correct one. I confirmed this on my other machine that has successful renders. So I looked in both of these directories and found that one without the space had just a few plugins in it (chrome and something else) and the one with the space had all the rest of the crap in it. Here is the bizzare thing, I have had successful MR renders on the machine with the problem and then one day it just stopped working. I have no Idea how this could have occurred. Possibly maya was set to recognize both paths and then for some reason that was changed.

Thanks to all that helped me on this.

I'm gonna get some sleep.

Later
S

majestik__12
08-23-2006, 07:26 PM
so did you figure out the problem?
I have the same issue. i remeber getting this before, a long time ago. On an older version of maya. Cant remeber if i got it to work or not on my machine.

// Error: (Mayatomr) : mental ray has stopped with errors, see the log //
// Error: (mental ray) : /Applications/Alias/maya7.0/Maya.app/Contents/mentalray/lib/mayahair.so: load failed, //
// Error: (mental ray) : /Applications/Alias/maya7.0/Maya.app/Contents/mentalray/lib/mi_openexr.so: load failed, //
// Error: (mental ray) : /Applications/Alias/maya7.0/Maya.app/Contents/mentalray/lib/paint.so: load failed, //
// Error: (mental ray) : /Applications/Alias/maya7.0/Maya.app/Contents/mentalray/lib/subsurface.so: load failed, //
// Error: (mental ray) : /Applications/Alias/maya7.0/Maya.app/Contents/mentalray/lib/contour.so: load failed, //
// Error: (mental ray) : /Applications/Alias/maya7.0/Maya.app/Contents/mentalray/lib/mayabase.so: load failed, //
// Error: (mental ray) : /Applications/Alias/maya7.0/Maya.app/Contents/mentalray/lib/physics.so: load failed, //
// Error: (mental ray) : /Applications/Alias/maya7.0/Maya.app/Contents/mentalray/lib/base.so: load failed, //
// Error: (Mayatomr) : mental ray has stopped with errors, see the log //

and when I save .mi file and quit maya, it does not recognize the .mi file. Tried importing and opening it within the maya app. Never works.

Any suggestions?

ok, well I just figured it out, so nevermind, the path was not correct, changed it in the rayrc file.

CGTalk Moderation
08-23-2006, 07:26 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.