PDA

View Full Version : Mirroring IK handles and controls...

schobes
03-27-2006, 10:14 PM
Is there a way to mirror custom IK handles or controls you've done to one side of your skeleton? I understand about the mirror joints function, but what about for other things you've done to the joints?

Thanks.

eek
03-28-2006, 01:27 AM
what software are you using?

schobes
03-28-2006, 03:35 AM
I'm using Maya 7.

PEN
03-28-2006, 12:55 PM
Well one way that you can deal with it is to mirror a locator object so that it has negative scales, then position and orientation constrain your object to the locator, delete the constraints and then delete the locator. This could be easily scripted into one button push.

schobes
03-29-2006, 05:19 AM
What about for IK/FK setups? (without already having your rigging processes scripted)

csc2h
04-05-2006, 04:55 PM
If you have a pretty simple setup that isnt TOO complicated, you can group the whole rig - i.e= make sure the TOP of the hierarchy is a group node with all the IK handles and everything below that group node...You can then go to the duplicate options and check on "duplicate with input graph" then take the new group and scale in the negative to wherever you want and it should work...ONLY problem is that some of your rotations will be backwards and I have yet to find a fix around that, but it will give you most of your stuff on the other side...

CGTalk Moderation
04-05-2006, 04:55 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.