PDA

View Full Version : Custom attribute control

Inzomnia
03-27-2006, 10:12 PM
Is it possible to control a custom attribute using a rotational axis, while not having the true rotational axis move at all?

ie. I have an attribute called "Arm_Twist", and I want to be able to control it with rotate X instead of having to slide the values. Can I do something like this, or are custom attibutes only usable by sliding the values. I've tried using the connection editor but had no luck since whenever I rotate along X it affects both the custom attribute AND the true rotation of the controller, which I do not want.

Anyone know a way to do this?

lostmantech
04-06-2006, 06:58 PM
From what i understand about your question.... the easiest way to do that is creat a nurbs circle.....parent it to the rig in an easy to reach spot...freeze transformations, set driven key so when you rotate the circle the arm twist values correspond. Thats one work around, I wouldn't recommend using an already made control box that is a parent to any joints anyway, because this could cause some unknown double transformations if not done right.

cheers
-lost

underearth
04-08-2006, 03:07 PM
i have another question like this...
can we connect two custom attributes so that one attribute that i created drives both of them...... (ie . one can do by simple connection editor... even if those three atributes are on object only)..
but i want each of two custom attrbutes which i hook up with third one to also be independent of each other...

any advices...

cheers..

CGTalk Moderation
04-08-2006, 03:07 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.