PDA

View Full Version : After Effects - Continually Rasterize Bugs?

amv256
03-27-2006, 05:19 PM
I'm using After Effects 6.5 Standard and am having numerous problems with the Continually Rasterize switch.

This has happened a couple times in my current project so far:

I'll have a composition in which a few (vector) layers use the "Write-On" effect. I then nest that composition in another composition. When Conintually rasterize is not set on the nested comp, it plays fine (although the quality is of course not quite perfect). When the switch IS set, however, the quality improves but suddenly the Write-On effects get completely screwed up. Basically only a few layers appear at all (when they should all appear) and the effect doesn't even reach completion.

Obviously the rasterize switch has nothing to do with individual layer effects (or, at least, it shouldn't). I also don't have any room to compromise on quality here; all vector layers must be perfectly sharp, period.

I've been trying to work around this problem so far, but I'm out of room there. I need to get this solved. Does anyone have any idea what's going on?

Mylenium
03-28-2006, 04:20 AM
I'm using After Effects 6.5 Standard and am having numerous problems with the Continually Rasterize switch.

This has happened a couple times in my current project so far:

I'll have a composition in which a few (vector) layers use the "Write-On" effect. I then nest that composition in another composition. When Conintually rasterize is not set on the nested comp, it plays fine (although the quality is of course not quite perfect). When the switch IS set, however, the quality improves but suddenly the Write-On effects get completely screwed up. Basically only a few layers appear at all (when they should all appear) and the effect doesn't even reach completion.

Obviously the rasterize switch has nothing to do with individual layer effects (or, at least, it shouldn't). I also don't have any room to compromise on quality here; all vector layers must be perfectly sharp, period.

I've been trying to work around this problem so far, but I'm out of room there. I need to get this solved. Does anyone have any idea what's going on?

This is an old (and never fixed) bug in the Write on effect. It does not properly recognize Alpha info generated by the vector rasterization. The only solution is to pre-compose the layers you want the effect applied to and not use continuous rasterize.

Mylenium

CGTalk Moderation
03-28-2006, 04:20 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.