PDA

View Full Version : Posing a Hi-poly char

seanportfolio
03-27-2006, 11:42 AM
Hi !
What methods should I use to pose a Hi Poly char for still image? What more suitable char studio or bones+skin , what tecnicks involved ? Is There any good tutors on the subj.

Thanx

Illusion-shadow
03-27-2006, 01:10 PM
It really depends on what you are trying to achive. If you are just going for a quick pose and still images I think you should just use character studio with skin. The process of setting a character up perfectly is very time comsuming. What I do most of the time is just set up the biped and the skin then convert it to an editable poly and refine the model. But if you are going to animate the character with a full range of motion, I would spend the time to rig it.

seanportfolio
03-29-2006, 06:34 PM
Ok thanx, I'll try that way. But how do I use skin with biped?

Illusion-shadow
03-29-2006, 10:23 PM
skinning for a biped or skinning for bone is pretty much the same. Here is a link to a pretty good: tutorial:http://67.15.36.49/ffa/tutorials/max/joanofarc/joanmenu.asp

This tutorial should get you started, but skinning a character take a lot of time tweaking, but if you just want to pose your character, I would just set up the basic and fine tune the rest by modeling on top of your skin.

CGTalk Moderation
03-29-2006, 10:23 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.