PDA

View Full Version : WIP China

Kasuhaku
03-27-2006, 09:51 AM
I started this just for fun, however, I have been bothered with quite a few things lately. Some of the anatomy seems too stylised and I think I'm not educated enough to stay within a chosen color palette. So, any helpful ciritique is welcome. I'm using Photoshop CS.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v83/Engelszorn/WIP/china.jpg

Screenblind
03-27-2006, 03:52 PM
Some really nice touches and I like the twist of the hips on the figure - doesn't look too stylised at all... however...
Whats going on with her head (or absence of neck?) If she was wearing a neck brace, i could understand the rigidity, but I think you've so far failed to exploit the possibility of doing something as graceful with the neck as you have with the rest of the figure. Maybe you should try to adopt the pose that you've put the character in... It actually looks quite uncomfortable for someone who is 'at rest'. Once the pose is made more natural, the figure will look more like a whole and less a construct of different elements. Hope this is helpful.

Kasuhaku
03-29-2006, 12:52 PM
Thank you, this was quite a help. I only cut out the head, tilted it a little - while the perspective is off, the angle is much better. I'll keep it in mind to test out poses before I think about painting them. :)

CGTalk Moderation
03-29-2006, 12:52 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.