PDA

View Full Version : Mixing maps and bump mapping with Maya6.5 Unlimited

nemuro
03-27-2006, 08:00 AM
Just got up to maya , and I saw that it's superior to max at avery aspect... but I don't seem to be able to mix two maps using one of those black and wihite patterns I used in max to make textures get dirty :) How do I go by doing that? In max I choosed a mix map for diffuse and the first texture was the normal one , the second the dirt texture and the third the black and white dirtmask that mixed the two above , and in the bumb slot of the main material I did the same only I used black and white maps for all of the 3 slots of the mix material , to give the bump effect to the material , so how do I do that in maya?

Thanks

bravmm
07-25-2006, 09:33 PM
I had almost the same question:
http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?t=385423

;-)

rob

Ash-Man
07-26-2006, 02:37 PM
watch one on my tutorials

use a blind node for that

chriswaner
07-26-2006, 02:46 PM
Create the two texture nodes that you want. Then create the black and white blend map. Next create a BlendColors Utility node. Plug texture one into BlendColors color 1 slot. Plug texture two into BlendColors color 2 slot. Then plug the out alpha of the black and white blend map into the Blender slot of the BlendColors node. Plug the output of BlendColors node into whatever Shader Attribute slot you desire.

Hope that helps,

Chris

CGTalk Moderation
07-26-2006, 02:46 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.