PDA

View Full Version : OT: Am I the only one ...

lonersam
03-27-2006, 02:24 AM
Dear all,

I hope I am not the only one encountering this problem but here is my experience.

I registered their online forum 3 times since the beta-testing. They could NEVER allow my accounts to log-in. I contacted to their forum tech support thru e-mail but they never reply. At first I thought it might be a wrong password or a changed username or the sort that caused the trouble, it turned out it was definitely E-onsoftware's problem 'cuz:

1. They still keep on sending me update info to my e-mail accounts;
2. I requested for a password from their website and they did send me my passoword, that mine turned out to be correct, too.

So what's this company doing anyways? Any similar frustrating encounters or grievances of the sort from you guys, too?

-Charles

mdunakin
03-27-2006, 06:27 PM
I'm not exactly clear on what it is you are asking about?
Sorry, I just don't quite get what you are after?

Are you trying to be abeta tester or trying to get into some sort of forum?
If it's the forum, then I assume you mean one at e-on's site, right?

I have never really hung out there, because it never felt like a forum to me.

That's why I stick it out here and sometimes at Cornucopia and occasionally over at Renderosity.

These all work much more like forums then the one I was in over at e-on.
Of course, maybe I wasn't in the right place, I don't know for sure?
I assumed I was, since it said forums.

..............md :)

Kevin Sanderson
03-27-2006, 10:54 PM
The only time I had a problem was when I updated my e-mail and password at Cornucopia but hadn't yet at the main e-on site. After trying and trying on Cornucopia and then updating at the main site, my problems went away "magically". I'm thinking the servers involved had to update themselves and then everything was alright. If your software is registered you should be fine and I would think that somehow your e-mail slipped through the cracks...they don't have a large staff and I think sometimes they get overwhelmed. Try them again if you can't login.

BTW, there are a few good souls that post and help there. Even some of the old whiners are turning out to be more constructive as of late. When I first got on there was nothing much but condescension from some old disgruntled users who for some reason acted like newbies with attitudes. I can understand frustration from software glitches and bugs, but I haven't seen such a bad attitude displayed to those trying to be helpful. My suggestions for checking their system setups mainly fell on deaf ears or caused immense defensive and know-it-all behavior. When I encounter that, I know I'm dealing with people carrying chips on their shoulders and no amount of reasoning will ever work. With all the craziness in computer systems these days (too bad they aren't all alike!), you have to make sure your system isn't at fault. Personal responsibility like in all other things these days. I was always amazed at how people with lesser systems had fewer problems and were productive, while the people with the latest and greatest hardware, but not willing to share specs, were experiencing all the pain. Makes you wonder, especially since Phoul made those great animations on lesser PCs as well as others continually posting marvelous work.

Kevin

lonersam
04-04-2006, 04:51 AM
Dear Kevin,

Thanks for your reply.

I received two automated e-mails from betaforum@e-onsoftware.com, giving me 2 new passowords for one of my registered accounts. First of all, this is already rather strange, isn't it?

Then I tried to simply log into my registered account for the V5I I bought, they did not allow me to do so, saying that:

Your customer ID and password don't match or the account does not exist!
If you never registered with e-on software, please click here (https://secure.e-onsoftware.com/register/RegForm.php) to create a user account. If you have forgotten your password, click "Forgotten Password" and we will send your password to your e-mail address.

I tried all of my previously registered e-mails addresses to log into either the product registration section, beta-forum or user forum, yet they all returned with the same message as I pasted above. I assigned the same password for all those registered e-mails and it just did not work. I tried the new passwords provided as I mentioned earlier, they did not work neither.

I double-checked on my 3 e-mail accounts' validity by attempting to re-register using them again, the following showed:

xxx@______.com has already been registered. If you are xxx@______.com, please login by clicking here (https://secure.e-onsoftware.com/SignIn.php?a=2&return_path=%2Fregister%2FProcessRegistration.php?Product=&Serial_number=&LocationOfPurchase=&Platform=). Otherwise, please enter another email address.

That means the database of those 3 e-mail accounts are still there in the server. I hesitate to register using another new e-mail address now. This is just insane. I simply consider their registration system and technical support inadequately poor. So guys, any thoughts?

-Charles

mdunakin
04-04-2006, 05:15 AM
Sorry, but I know I'm going to sound like a total ass, but this whole thing is crackin me up LOL
I say this, as a fellow "ex-can't get any kind of regeistration to work for me" e-on software registrantee LOL

You really have to get someone to talk to you and have them delete your account
completely and all that and make them clear you so you can set up a new account.
I really never got any real help until someone else got involved.
The person I was trying to tranfer my first copy of Vue5I to someone else.
THEY were getting all kinds of help, while I was being blown off.
But, it really did end up being just a communication problem and things did finally get resolved.

Go to the tech support place and file one of them so called "tickets" and see what happens.
Keep track, like save copies of every communicae from the emails you send off to
them for future refference if the time comes that you might need them.

And you yourself will probably have to delete your own account too.
Though I did that also, but the wrong way and that's what got things all messed up in the first place.

If I can remember anything else, I'll let you know.

.................md :)

alvin-cgi
04-04-2006, 07:12 AM
Hi lonersam,:wise: you are not alone, I am not beta tester but Vue user, I can remember I have login few times only, which was the time when I first registered at Vue, after that I always got this "Your customer ID and password don't match or the account does not exist!
If you never registered with e-on software, please click here (https://secure.e-onsoftware.com/register/RegForm.php) to create a user account. If you have forgotten your password, click "Forgotten Password" and we will send your password to your e-mail address." message.:banghead:

Yes, they still keep on sending me update info to my e-mail accounts; and I have requested for a password(many times) from their website and they did send me my passoword, that mine turned out to be correct, but after I tried it. I got this "Your customer ID and password don't match or the account..." message again.:rolleyes:

I am almost gave up... I sent message to tech support, and I think they did some changes for me(it was long time ago, can't really remember much...), but still doesn't work... (I still got $20 credit at Cornucopia, but... can not log in!)
I have also sent email to Cornucopia, but the email bounced back(I am sure it is correct email address, I just checked!), and still received update info from them... so what can we do eh??:shrug:

lonersam
04-04-2006, 08:05 AM
Hi alvin_cgi,

I am glad (... not that blissful) to hear from someone having similar problem that now I know I am not alone.

Anyway, I just replied thru e-mail to a person from e-on who sent me a private message about the issue. I hope he can indeed fix something for us riding on the same boat.

Good luck.

-Charles

LuciaK
04-04-2006, 10:02 AM
lonersam, whether you're registered at Cornucopia3D or not, why don't you email with your details to support@cornucopia3d.com and we'll help you get it sorted out; Cornucopia3D is a division of e-on software.

alvin_cgi, you can do the same thing, using that address (which is correct and works).

alvin-cgi
04-04-2006, 10:11 AM
Thanks LuciaK:)
That was the email I sent to Cornucopia3D, and bounced back... well I guess I should give it another go eh.:p Thanks.

LuciaK
04-04-2006, 10:13 AM
Don't know why it should have bounced, Alvin, unless there was an email server glitch at the time you sent it, but it's working fine.

Mike.H
04-04-2006, 12:01 PM
mm let us know how it goes for you guys, and if your emails keep bouncing for whatever weird reason, just pm me or LuciaK here on cgtalk and weŽll get right down to it.

regards

CGTalk Moderation
04-04-2006, 12:01 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.