PDA

View Full Version : Layered Texture/Alpha problems??

cgtriguy
03-26-2006, 11:43 PM
I hope someone can help me with this. I am trying to use a layered texture to place some decals on various pieces of geometry in a scene. I created the decal files in PS as TIF files with an alpha channel. The problem I have is that the layered texture node is not respecitng the alpha in the render (both MR and SW) but yet it displayed properly in the perp view. I am using Maya 7 and this is just baffling me.

I made a simple scene to better show what is happening. The layered texture is set up with a simple White/Blue stripe file that has an alpha to block out the white and let the blue show through. This is over a solid red layer and the blend is set to Over. It is showing up preperly in the perp view but the rendered version is not "seeing" the alpha.

Any thoughts?

cgtriguy
03-27-2006, 04:09 PM
OK, I found my mistake. I thought I would post back here in case anyone else makes the same one in the future. Maya does not automatically connect the Out Alpha of the fiel to the Alpha Input of the Layered Shader. Once I made the conection manually in the connection editor everything works as expected.

CGTalk Moderation
03-27-2006, 04:09 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.