PDA

View Full Version : Looking for info on plugin compilation

lucille
03-26-2006, 07:04 PM
I have been reading in to the api code and it looks fairly accessible...but info about
compiling is hard to come by (needed software, procedures, etc.) Can any one point me
to a resource on these issues...Paul

Stucky
03-26-2006, 10:16 PM
Hello there. I'm trying to start writing API plugins too. I found the necessary tools you want to know about, in the Maya help. You "need" to use Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2003 and Maya Plugin Wizard. Maya plugin wizard will create a wizard inside Visual Studio .NET 2003, that will help you to choose the type of plugin you want to write, compiling it, etc. Maya Plugin Wizard is located at C:\Program Files\Alias\Maya7.0\devkit\pluginwizard

You can read more about this in Maya help:

http://localhost:4449/Maya7.0/en_US/APIGuide/windowsenvironment.html#wp12930

Or simple dig through Maya API Introduction, and I think it will provide you with everything you need.

Hope it helped.

-S

goleafsgo
03-27-2006, 12:22 AM
You "need" to use Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2003 and Maya Plugin Wizard.
If you are developing on Windows of course...you could also choose to develop on the Mac or Linux.

lucille
03-27-2006, 04:32 AM
Thanks. the maya docs seem clear, if short. Can it really be that simple? I guess I'll find out...

Stucky
03-27-2006, 08:31 AM
Yes goleafsgo. I forgot to mention that was only for Windows. Thanks for correcting me.

lucille I think it is pretty simple. The most complicated part is the coding of the plugin. You need to know how to use the classes and, of course, you need to know C. Aside that, compiling and stuff like that is fairly easy. At least this is what I think, because I am learning too.

-S

CGTalk Moderation
03-27-2006, 08:32 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.