PDA

View Full Version : Animating a bouncing ball (c4d)

grimaldi
03-26-2006, 02:40 PM
Howdy there peeps!

I'm trying to animating a ball bouncing off a surface. Now, I can animate this ball bouncing and 'squashing' on the surface upon impact (by moving the axis on the ball). And I can make the ball spin. But I can not make the ball squash & spin at the same time.

Obviously If I make the ball squash on the surface the way I've being doing it, when I go to put the rotation on the ball it will not do it correctly, as I have moved the axis on the ball to allow it squash on the surface. But if I don't move the axis it hovers off the floor or goes through the floor!?

Can anyone help me with this problem? Show me a better way of getting this effect maybe?

Thanks in advance guys!

gmask
03-27-2006, 04:30 AM
I'm not that familiar with c4d but I know it has lattice deformers.. so if the ball can rotate while inside the deformer which you can animate to squish it then I think you can do what you want.

gdimmrt
03-28-2006, 05:26 AM
I don't use cinema but I think this applies. Parent the ball to a dummy or a null object. You can scale the null object and the ball will be scaled also, but because it is in a hierarchy, you can rotate the ball without affecting the scale. Hope I made myself clear.

CGTalk Moderation
03-28-2006, 05:26 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.