PDA

View Full Version : Texturing NURBS

IntensiveDesign
03-26-2006, 01:08 PM
Hello people,

I'm doing 3D for 2 years now. And i like to go a step further in modelling. I know NURBS are perfect for modelling, but how do i texture them? With polygons i can use UV maps wich work great. But when i have a curve and do a Revolve I have an object I don't know how to texture it. I know you can do a 2D texture as normal, stencil or projection. But you have to place it by entering some fields like Coverage, Translate Frame, Rotate Frame, Repeat UV, Offset, etc. Everytime i get a result i don't like.

My object is a revolved Coke Can, converting NURBS to Polygons gives sharp corners. I want to place the Coke label around the Can. How can I do this the easiest way?

Thx in advance!

Karlfucious
03-27-2006, 03:35 AM
Nurbs surfaces use parameterization for texturing. The thing that you need to keep in mind when texturing nurbs is that all of the spans are evenly spaced as possible or else you will get texture streatching or pinching. Since you are just trying to Texture a Coke can I personally would just use cylindrical Projection Mapping.

CGTalk Moderation
03-27-2006, 03:35 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.