PDA

View Full Version : New vue user ( advanaced maya user)

d0c
03-26-2006, 07:08 AM
hey guys ... i just jumped on the Vue train .. i downloaded the trail version and i am picking things up fairly quickly however i have a question.

i am looking to create a street with some houses on it. the houses are fine, the terrain is fine .. but how do i create (cut) out the road inside of the terrain?

i am probably overlooking to obvious but any help is appreciated. Thank you.

videodv
03-26-2006, 11:49 AM
hey guys ... i just jumped on the Vue train .. i downloaded the trail version and i am picking things up fairly quickly however i have a question.

i am looking to create a street with some houses on it. the houses are fine, the terrain is fine .. but how do i create (cut) out the road inside of the terrain?

i am probably overlooking to obvious but any help is appreciated. Thank you.

Theres several ways to do this just follow the link and it should get you going.

http://sorenworlds.netfirms.com/Road/road.htm

vdv.

videodv
03-26-2006, 12:06 PM
or as another test create a picture 265*256 or 1024*1024 and put some black - white - different colour grey squares on it.

then create a terrain and go into the editor press the reset terrain and load the picture you just created. put the slider to picture. and see what you get you should be able to follow whats going on from there.

vdv.

d0c
03-26-2006, 04:27 PM
oh this is great .. thank you so much .. i will give it a try later on today...

d0c
03-26-2006, 09:30 PM
objective: create a neighborhood with houses on both sides ...straight 2 way street...

another question while i am still here at work .....i read through that tutorial about buidling the road and it sounds great its just what i want.........but my question is...

I need a Paved road that you would find in the city or somewhere .. with sidewalks/walkways and all .. could i acheive that in Vue itself?

or ...

should i build that stuff up in maya and intergrate it with the Xstream plugin...

so far the program seems great, if i can acheive what i want in a short amount of time.. i will go ahead and purchase ...

any other information would be great..

thank you

videodv
03-26-2006, 10:28 PM
By using a combination of terrain mapping and displacment mapping and eco placment (with Infinite) I think you should be able to do what you wish or get very close to it. You can also use boleans on primatives to get some very detailed objects.

I seem to recall someone doing a sort of garden scene where all the walls - ramps ect where done by terrain mapping, and the lawns trees ect by eco placement it was very good, if I can find the link I will post it up.

vdv.

videodv
03-26-2006, 10:47 PM
Heres a link to show one way to do distribution mapping.

http://www.renderosity.com/tut.ez?Form.ViewPages=291

vdv.

CGTalk Moderation
03-26-2006, 10:47 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.