PDA

View Full Version : Beveled polys and texturing/rendering problem

honest--jon
03-25-2006, 07:40 PM
Hi people im currently working on a project and have stumbled accross a problem with beveled polygon objects,

When I create a cube for example and then bevel it, when i got to texture it the texture does not show up on the object or render out? Its really annoying me and dont know if this is a comon problem? the texture will show up on say a cube but not if the cube is beveled?

I have tried maya's software renderer and mental ray and the problem is still there.

Any help would be aprciated.

residentcoppa
05-03-2006, 06:03 PM
the same here

the polygon object looses its uv's when you bevel it
How to avoid or fix this?

thanks
r.

pgland
05-03-2006, 07:03 PM
Sorry guys, but as far as I know, maya dosent create any uvs for bevelled edges. It always really annoys me too.

I use the bevel tool loads and end up just doing a quick automatic projection and sewing all the edges back together.

I find it pretty amazing that maya dosent at least attempt to sort out the uvs. Now the bevel tool finally works not too bad, sort this one out alias!(autodesk)

Any ideas on quick ways to fix this would be great

CGTalk Moderation
05-03-2006, 07:03 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.