PDA

View Full Version : extending out my comp

sketchbook
03-25-2006, 07:32 PM
i am new to after effects, sorry for the bonehead question.

i am under a huge deadline and am rendering out 3d animation sequences that i will need to stitch together in AE.

i have 2 so far. i imported them into AE, and plopped down the first and the second onto "layers" or into the timeline area. they are one on toop of the other. i need to move the second sequence to the right , just past the first sequence. however, my comp is cut off at the end of the first sequence and i can't scrub past that.

i went into comp settings and made the comp longer in time, but that did no good.

thanks in advance

manlio
03-25-2006, 09:16 PM
Hi sketchbook, you made right if you went in comp settings and changed the duration of the comp. You can try to change the zooming level in the bottom part of the timeline (maybe this can help). It must work, maybe I didn't understand, so if you want to give more detail I can try to help you.
Bye

avinashlobo
03-26-2006, 06:33 AM
Yeah, changing the comp settings was the right way to go. You're probably still zoomed in on the Timeline though. After Effects does not automatically change the zoom level when you adjust the comp duration.

Shortcuts are - & + on the main keyboard for zooming out / in, or you can hit ; twice.

; toggles between fully zoomed in & fully zoomed out, so 2 hits will show you the entire comp duration in the Timeline.

sketchbook
03-27-2006, 05:52 PM
cool. thanks. i got it working.

one thing the client is asking for is a "handle" at the beginning and ending of the animation. so i just need to basically be paused on the first frame for a second or 2, and then the same with the last frame. sounds easy enough. any ideas?

beenyweenies
03-27-2006, 09:36 PM
cool. thanks. i got it working.

one thing the client is asking for is a "handle" at the beginning and ending of the animation. so i just need to basically be paused on the first frame for a second or 2, and then the same with the last frame. sounds easy enough. any ideas?

You can use time remapping, but since this is a 3d animation (I'm assuming it's an image sequence) you can just import the first frame by itself, drop it on the timeline for the duration of your handle, and bump your remaining animation downstream.

CGTalk Moderation
03-27-2006, 09:36 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.