PDA

View Full Version : Environment! crit needed :D

dtek8
03-06-2002, 04:20 PM
Hello,,

Just wondered if I could get some crit on my latest project, a environment,,, I normally post work in the game art section but this one seems more active at the mo,,,,

Its 4 a brief set by a games company that I am trying to get a job with,,

As follows

- a wizards bedroom.

- 3000 pollys

- textures 256x256 full rgb color

- in any style I choose

I wanted to take it back to the days of king Arthur and Merlin the wizard,,,,

I have to hand it in soon so any suggestions r much appreciated I have quite allot left to do,, mainly texturing now as some bits (curtains, bed etc,, ) have no proper texture and a few bits have temporary textures slapped on from the max library,,, a also have to make all that wizard’y stuff spell books charts,, etc,, also id love to hear any wizard type prop ideas 2,,,,:cool:

Anyway here it is,,,,

Bye

dtek
:D

dtek8
03-06-2002, 04:24 PM
part 2

dtek8
03-06-2002, 04:25 PM
pt 3

Flynn
03-06-2002, 07:28 PM
man thats looking nice...I would like to see that run in an engine.

dtek8
03-07-2002, 02:41 AM
cool flynn,,,

post a update when its finished,,

dtek

florisvink
03-07-2002, 03:41 AM
cool, looks nice.
Wich game is it for?

Dai
03-07-2002, 06:24 AM
the engine you're planning on using this for must lack occlusion or something :)

it's nice though.

3D-Sam
03-07-2002, 09:40 AM
It's really nice dude.
Nice Lightning and a good detail with the floor.

Just one thing, since it's a wizard's bedroom , it would look nice with a few books , cuz that's a wizards life(the books). And 1 or 2 strange artifact(s)?

the rest is really cool.
Luck.

dtek8
03-08-2002, 12:02 AM
hi thanks for the feedback,,,

florisvink --its not actually going to be used in a game,, or probably even go into a engine,, its just a test to see if i have what it takes to work in games, id like to see it in a game engine tho,,:p

dai--occlusion ???

3d sam-- thanks yeah!! i planned on putting some books and stuff in and also a few other strange things hehe!!! any suggestions,,

shogun(post in game art section)thanks 4 the compliment the wierd easle thing is a telescope,, and yeah!! the bit on the fire has yet to be textured hehe!!! ill do a view from the tower when i do the view hehe,, hoping the view will be spectacular!!!!

i will post more soon

dtek

Dai
03-08-2002, 05:30 AM
ehm... occlusion basically means, stopping the engine from rendering what the player can't see, on some level atleast. Quake engines render much more than what the player can see, while Unreal renders a lot less of what the player can't see.

that enviroment of yours doesn't have 3000 polys per frame, from what I can tell. Not that that's bad or anything :)

dtek8
03-08-2002, 02:56 PM
ahh,, ok ive heard of this didnt know it was called occlusion tho, its good to know,, thanks:)

dtek

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 02:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.