PDA

View Full Version : displacement (gap) problem

redcore
03-25-2006, 01:32 AM
hi guys. i generated displacement maps (see my setup) in zbrush. what is my problem - as you can see on the images bellow - even the mesh is continuous i have got a gaps between body parts (shoulder and torso, neck and torso and legs and torso).UV are separately for each body part (i needed high level of subdividing of the geometry). how to fix it (the continuous texture without gaps)?
i wrote the same request to zbrush posts.
thx!
bye

cpan
03-25-2006, 07:04 AM
in maya select your geometry and disable the "Feature Displacement" option in the AttributeEditor. Now, with your geom still selected, open Window>Rendering Editors>mentalray>Approximation Editor and next to "Subds Approximation" click "create" (don't click create next to "Displacement Approximation" cause it's uselsss if you use sbds approx). Now on the new created approximation node, set "Approx Mode" to "Spatial" then "Min/Max Sbds" to 2/6 (increase the min value to make the displacement look better detailed), "Length" to 0.2-0.1-0.05 (this tells mentalray to subdivide the mesh until the triangles edges are equal to that value, i think) and finaly uncheck View Dependant.

i think the main thing is that you need to use "Spatial" approx

hope it helps :)

redcore
03-25-2006, 02:09 PM
thx for answer. but i didnt use mr for rendering, i used renderman for maya. i tthink is faster and the result is better then in ment. ray. butt i go to try it with mr.
thx
bye

CGTalk Moderation
03-25-2006, 02:09 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.