PDA

View Full Version : displacement (gap) problem

redcore
03-25-2006, 12:19 AM
hi guys. i generated displacement maps (see my setup) in zbrush. what is my problem - as you can see on the images bellow - even the mesh is continuous i have got a gaps between body parts (shoulder and torso, neck and torso and legs and torso).UV are separately for each body part (i needed high level of subdividing of the geometry). how to fix it?
thx!
bye

Nii
03-27-2006, 01:57 PM
It seems that you need to weld the verts.

ryankingslien
03-27-2006, 11:12 PM
Did you try it with smooth off in your Displacement Exporter settings?

Also, check your map against a view of your UVs in Photoshop. To get your UVs, go to the UV Texture Editor and in the Polygon menu go to Snapshot.

Things to check:
Is there artifacting inside the UV area?
If there is, in ZBrush do you have smoothUVs checked in the Displacement sub-menu of your Tool palette when you generate your displacement map?
If so, try it without this on.

Let me know. :)

Ryan

Nii
03-28-2006, 01:14 AM
Just a related question. If I were to get the exact result I wanted in ZBrush, there is 100% chance to export it correctly to other programs right (specifically 3ds Max)? I have a cool project I want to start doing, but I'm scared once I finish it I won't be able to export it because I messed up some setting right at the beginning when importing.

I've been messing around with importing to ZBrush then making a test sculpt then exporting straightaway, but the displacement map never works perfectly (weird spikes in places).

CGTalk Moderation
03-28-2006, 01:14 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.