PDA

View Full Version : shoulderpad rig prolem

floyd1510
03-24-2006, 06:58 PM
Ok a problem i'm facing:

I have a character with a shoulder guard. (i'm rigging with the Max biped). I need a functionality where, when i rotate the arm down, the shoulder pad should stay where it is, but when the arn is rotated above the horizontal straight pose, the shoulderpad should also rotate up with it, pivoted at the clavicle. Reactor does work but not properly.

Help me please!!!

One more queston. I have a character with a separate head and body. Should i instance the skin of the body onto the head since it would not need me to update envolopes back and forth or is it a bad idea???

Thanks a lot guys.

Xion-Cajou
03-29-2006, 08:49 PM
For the rotation you need to assign a controller. Probably a reaction controler on
the rotation axis will do the job.

For skinning, selecting all objects at once and then applying skin modifier is good,
but skinning the objects seperately has the advantage of slightly more control.

virtualmesh
03-30-2006, 03:00 AM
one could automate the clavical using a reaction controller. I would first zero out the clavical bones then slave their zero'd out Y and Z rotations to parent with the humerus.

alternatively, you could use an expose transform helper (max 7+) and wire the rotational value of your clavical against the rotation of your humerus bone. so when the humerus rotates beyond the clavical's posed 'daVinci' state, the clavical's rotation will move but the humerus rotation should stop.

floyd1510
04-05-2006, 06:41 AM
Hey thanks guys. I think the expose transform idea should work. Thanks a lot

CGTalk Moderation
04-05-2006, 06:42 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.