PDA

View Full Version : New CGPortfolio?

goleafsgo
03-24-2006, 05:50 PM
I know that the artists are loving the new CGPortfolio...but I was wondering what the programmer types thought of it?

You can search for people with "Coding" as a skill so I figure some other programmers will create a portfolio. I don't have much art that I feel like sharing with everyone :sad: but I thought that the "Personal Network" could be interesting to use to keep track of other people who code in Maya.

Firas
03-24-2006, 09:04 PM
I agree with u.. and am sure we can think of a good suggestion, inorder to add programmers portfolio to CGPortfolio.

neuromancer1978
03-25-2006, 02:50 AM
Not much of a coder myself, learning however. Maybe take screen shots of your MEL code at work? I know some of them don't have a GUI so I don't know HOW you would portray that on screen. Other than that.... not a clue.

DezFX
03-25-2006, 04:01 AM
You can use a program like Camtasia to do video screen captures of your Maya session. Then you could demo your scripts in action. At least that's how I did my scripting portion on my demo reel.

goleafsgo
03-25-2006, 03:13 PM
I wasn't really thinking of putting pictures of my code in my portfolio :)

It might be nice for people that have done some MEL scripting or have some plugins that they have written to have it hosted in their portfolio.

Is it just me or do most people upload their scripts to highend3d.com, but always come here to get feedback on them? I think the new stuff on highend3d is pretty cool...where someone can write a tutorial and then they have control over the page and people can leave comments or whatever. But I almost never find myself going to their forums anymore...only here.

tciny
03-25-2006, 04:37 PM
Its a nice idea actually. Tho most of the programming stuff would indeed require you to upload animations so people get an idea of whats being done. Can you do that in the cgportfolio?

Bonedaddy
03-25-2006, 05:18 PM
Its a nice idea actually. Tho most of the programming stuff would indeed require you to upload animations so people get an idea of whats being done. Can you do that in the cgportfolio?

Not yet. They say that's coming. I know that was the first thing out of my mouth when I got in the beta. They know people want it. I can't imagine they'd sit on it for very long.

CGTalk Moderation
03-25-2006, 05:18 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.