PDA

View Full Version : Company website

igor21000
03-24-2006, 03:29 PM
I'd really like to get an opinion from people about a website I am creating.

I decided to go with a very clean and simple interface because of the target viewers being those in the construction industry and clients looking for a contractor for residential construction. Also, this is my first time creating a website, so my knowledge and capabilities are limited.

I'd like to mention, this company is planning to build eco-friendly homes and therefore the general theme of the website will be based on preservation of nature.

This is only the home page.
I hope this works, because I am having trouble finding a space to upload this picture.

Igor

Edit: Thanks to Arnocob for helping me out about posting images:thumbsup:
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g68/igor21000/menu.jpg

nafa
03-25-2006, 05:46 AM
If I am looking for contractors, I probably would get impatient having to look at he fuzzy/blurred text.

arnocob
03-25-2006, 07:02 AM
Hi!
I think you have made a good choice for the general atmosphere ...(nature etc...clean, serious)
Some green variations (more blue for ex) and some contrast could help to express a more friendly and fresh look.
Bye

Reaver2k
03-25-2006, 12:52 PM
First of all I hope thats your own photo, or you could get in alot of trouble with copyright, especially as its commercial work.

Anyway back to the website, to be honest I think your going to have a little bit of trouble fitting actual content into that design, I like the idea, crisp and natural. But this is more of an "Click here to Enter" page, because normally your site with content (business objectives etc.) will have a smaller navigation system, normally aligned at the top horizontaly, or on the left vertically. Of course there are exception to all rules, and I'm not saying YOU NEED TO DO THIS AND THAT, however, this often helps with the overall design of the site.

Basicly the above is a long winded way of saying you need to think about where your text and other features will go. Good luck with the site.

igor21000
03-25-2006, 08:23 PM
Thank you for the great suggestions.

It has come to my attention before that the text is a bit blurry and may be distracting so I am going to change that. I will play around with the contrast and tones to see if I can get a cleaner and sharper look.
The image I am using is mine so I'm in the clear!
I am trying to get away from the usual format that is based on frames and boxes. That is why I plan to keep each page as simple as possible with minimal number of buttons.
Hopefully I will have another page done so you guys can see in more detail where I am going with this.
I appreciate your input of ideas:thumbsup:

Igor

ps. can anybody tell me if there is a way of posting pictures on this network?

arnocob
03-26-2006, 08:56 AM
:)
Ok..
In this work in progress section, You have to hold your image on a free server (like you did)
here is a link which can help you...

If you want to post finished artwork, go to the finished section and click on red button: submit artwork, and read.
Hope I have answer to your request.
bye

igor21000
03-26-2006, 03:34 PM
Thanks buddy!

Here's a fixed version with all the suggestions taken into consideration. http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g68/igor21000/menu01.jpg

CGTalk Moderation
03-26-2006, 03:34 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.