PDA

View Full Version : Need help with motion path animation!

anwa
03-24-2006, 02:34 PM
Hi, im doing this motion path animation in maya 7 and am having some trouble with it. This is my first time using a 3d package for animation, and have only been using it for 2 weeks.
Basically what i've done is created a train with four carriages, bound them to some bones using rigid bind, given it a IK spline, attached the IK splines curve to a motion path and done the flow path thingy so the train bends nicely round the motion path. This setup works great when the motion path curve is lying flat, but when i started moving some CV's up and down in the Y axis and played it back the train sort of starts banking then roating all the round and stuff. Can anyone please help, its driving me crazy!:banghead:

rv_umesh
03-26-2006, 02:06 PM
Hi Mr.anwa, u can key frame it wen the train starts rotating,bcoz the motion will depend the vertex position,its hard to alter the vertex,so my advice is to just keyframe it in right position

CGTalk Moderation
03-26-2006, 02:06 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.