PDA

View Full Version : catch vs. catchQuiet

kletterget
03-24-2006, 12:54 PM
According to ye olde holy MayaDocs, the only difference between catch and catchQuiet is...

...that catchQuiet supresses warnings and errors.

But in practice there doesn't seem to be any difference at all. Warnings come thick and fast anyway with catchQuiet. Is there anyway around this?

cheers

tciny
03-24-2006, 02:20 PM
Thats not entirely true. In some, rare, cases it seems to actually make a difference; although I cant point one out right now :)
So, as to my knowledge, no, you cant suppress all errors/warnings. But then again there might be some undocumented nasty trick to pull it off :)

goleafsgo
03-24-2006, 04:26 PM
catchQuiet doesn't suppress ALL warnings/errors...just the runtime errors that it has caught.

To see the difference run these...

catchQuiet(10/0);
catch(10/0);

The catchQuiet line won't spit out an error but the catch one will.

kletterget
03-29-2006, 05:03 AM
Ah, thanks for that!

Obviously there are errors and then there are errors.

MasterZ
05-01-2006, 01:02 PM
I am being held back by lots of warnings and errors for intersect regardless?!?

catchQuiet(`intersect -ch 0 -cos 0 -fs 1 -tol 0.001 $iSurf[0] $surface`)

Truely disfunctional might need to find a way around intersect or maybe there is a way to build wrappers with better error supression there should be a global way. I call the function with this call in it with catchQuite too, but still no difference. (That's not right!)

CGTalk Moderation
05-01-2006, 01:02 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.