PDA

View Full Version : Problem using Direct X Exporter in 2.41

womanonfire
03-24-2006, 09:48 AM
I could use some help please.
Could you download the new version of the Direct X Exporter script
http://xoomer.virgilio.it/glabro1/DirectXExporter241.py

and just select and export the default cube using the "Export Sel" option and tell me if it works for you? You can tell if it worked if you can see the cube in MVIEW
http://users.skynet.be/fa201614/irrlicht/mview.exe

I am only getting empty .x files from Export Sel. I don't know if this is a problem with the script or if there is something worng with my installation of Python or what.

aromari
03-25-2006, 04:07 PM
http://xoomer.virgilio.it/glabro1/cube_x.jpg copy&paste

http://xoomer.virgilio.it/glabro1/cube.x.x

Ben

womanonfire
03-25-2006, 10:39 PM
yes, well, i know it works for you. you wrote the script and have told me that you tested it. but i need advice from someone else who has tried it, so maybe i can solve my problem with the script...

i have tried everything but it does not work for me. didn't work on my colleagues computer either. other scripts work just fine, so i am seeking other people who have successfully exported with it or if it didn't work, some confirmation. thank you for taking the time.

(but would be nice to know if you are using just the standard release version of blender or some beta version? maybe the official release is missing something necessary?? also, its weird because before you fixed the yz flip in Export Sel i got proper exports, they were just always facing the wrong way and i couldn't export more than one selected object at a time.)

bigkahuna
03-25-2006, 11:36 PM
I followed your instructions and it worked for me. I'm using Blender 2.41, Windows XP Pro, and a full install of Python 2.4. I have alot of .x file export scripts, so I manually opened and ran the script through the text window. I then viewed the .x file using Ultimate Unwrap 3D.

Hope this helps.

aromari
03-26-2006, 08:04 AM
(but would be nice to know if you are using just the standard release version of blender or some beta version? maybe the official release is missing something necessary?? also, its weird because before you fixed the yz flip in Export Sel i got proper exports, they were just always facing the wrong way and i couldn't export more than one selected object at a time.)

I'm using Blender 241 official release.I dont if this can help but,try to have a visible
3d window when exporting.It must not be covered by the script's GUI and FileSelector
and try to close blender when viewing in Mview.Maybe it cant display the file if it's used
by another app.
The "Export Sel" exports only one object.If you need a version which exports more than
one object ,can modify it.It doesn't need too may efforts to do this.

Ben

womanonfire
03-26-2006, 08:49 AM
OKAY!
as you say, if i run the GUI in a window to the side (not covering the 3d window) the export does work! :)
flip z is working and everything. very good. i will try somethings more complex than cones and cubes and get back to you. odd that the GUI covering the 3d window makes the export fail, of course.

Exporting more than one selected object at a time is essential. If you can add that ability please it would be fantastic, also this makes the script as flexible as possible. thank you.

aromari
03-26-2006, 02:10 PM
Select "Export Sel" as always.
http://xoomer.virgilio.it/glabro1/DirectXExporter241-multiObjs.py

Ben

womanonfire
03-31-2006, 10:40 AM
Mr. Omari,

Sorry for the late reply. I've been happily exporting using Export Sel all week, and it's been a very busy week. So my problem was indeed solved by loading the script in a separate script window with the 3d window still showing.

I've tried the multi export version of the script and I get the following error:

Tranceback (most recent call last):
File "(string)", line 158, in draw
File "(string)", line 77, in my_callback_sel
File "(string)", line 466, in exportSelMesh
AttributeError: index

I hope that this is meaningful to you.

Oh, and one more thing. Something odd... could it be that if there is a space in the name of an object, it could cause the export to fail? I was renaming some objects and noticed this. When I took the spaces out the export worked again. hmmm...

thanks for all your help!

aromari
04-02-2006, 09:01 AM
Just fixed (I hope)! It removes the space from the mesh name too.
The spaces causes an invalid x file because the importer reads
"Template ObjName {" .If any space in the ObjName, for eg. "Sphere 1"
the importer read "Template ObjName Unknown {".It depends on the importer
too....sometimes it works

Ben

womanonfire
04-03-2006, 12:25 PM
yes! it works!
:buttrock:
multiple objects and spaces in names
all very very good.
will be using it alot this week so if anything else comes up...
but this is perfect, thanks again!

CGTalk Moderation
04-03-2006, 12:25 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.