PDA

View Full Version : Line Animation.

DarkstaR1st
03-24-2006, 08:54 AM
Hi,

Is it possible to animate the curvy line in this image... I just need a paint layer with a pen stroke where i can animate the anchor points and handles.

I'm used to the paint operator and layers from combustion... I don't know how i can do it in AE7. And i'm not in the position to do it quickly in combustion.

Thanx,

Dennis

scrimski
03-24-2006, 10:27 AM
Yes it is. Go into the layer with your path, click on the stop watch next to mask shape and animate.

DarkstaR1st
03-24-2006, 12:46 PM
oops... i didn't post the image :)

http://www.alientrickmedia.com/lineanim.jpg

here it is...

The background is a photoshop layer the graphics are from illustrator. I imported the illustrator file as a cropped layer composition without the line that needs to be animated.

This is because i can't animate the line that is being imported... I figured out that i would make that line in AE for animation. I'm going to animate the plugs movement and rotation and want to animate the line so that it moves like it is a cable.

With this better illustrated i think i'll ask again.. Is it possible to make and animate the cable in AE and how?

:D

In combustion i have the bezier tool in the paint operator which i can stroke or fill.. It doesn't have to be a closed path.

Thanks a bunch,

Dennis

Vympel
03-24-2006, 02:57 PM
Create a path (mask) and apply a stroke effect, apply the stroke effect using the patch createdbefore as guide.

DarkstaR1st
03-25-2006, 02:00 PM
Whoohooo... thanx.

i wouldn't have figured that out myself... Thought that would be in vectorpaint.. guess not..

thanx again.

Dennis

CGTalk Moderation
03-25-2006, 02:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.