PDA

View Full Version : Are you interested in purchasing Mr. Revolver?

Vizfizz
03-24-2006, 07:41 AM
The Igors and the beta team are close to finishing the final version of Mr. Revolver. I'm quite impressed by the speed of the entire process. We've gone from concept to completion in a very short period of time. I'm interested in finding out if you think we're on the right track with this plugin judging from what you've seen in the Mr. Revolver Beta thread.

If you combine Mr. Revolver with Mrs. Bebel you will not only have the capability to Revolve, but to also Extrude and Bevel. Not a bad start for a plugin based hard surface modeling mini solution. Would you like to see more geometry generation based plugins? If so, tell me your thoughts.

Granted...plugin based modeling solutions are not as complete as integrating true modeling capabilities into Animator itself, but when or if that day actually happens are you happy with what you're seeing so far?

bronco
03-24-2006, 08:50 AM
i am pretty interested. not only is it one of the first real modeling solutions inside EIAS, but it has some nice features you can't really have with standalone modelers.

now my only but big BUT:
i guess Mr Revolver plays in the same price range like Mrs Bebel. don't get my wrong, from what i've seen, it deserves it.
but with silo being a little cheaper and EI modeler still on my HD i think i will only buy it if a project needs some of these features no outside modeler can produce.

yhloon
03-24-2006, 09:21 AM
Mr Revolver seems quite promising, I'll purchase, IF I need revolve sequence animation...
It is in my list...

But I'll get a new PC or Mac Mini first

Loon

Vizfizz
03-24-2006, 02:59 PM
i am pretty interested. not only is it one of the first real modeling solutions inside EIAS, but it has some nice features you can't really have with standalone modelers.

now my only but big BUT:
i guess Mr Revolver plays in the same price range like Mrs Bebel. don't get my wrong, from what i've seen, it deserves it.
but with silo being a little cheaper and EI modeler still on my HD i think i will only buy it if a project needs some of these features no outside modeler can produce.

I understand your position. We had to consider that most EI users are used to working with an outside modeler for their needs. However, the Bebel/Revolver solution offers the following to EI users that has not existed before:

1. Convience. No more exporting/importing models or jumping from package to package.
2. Compatibility. No more translating models.
3. Speed.
4. Animation channels including control point level modeling animation. (A first for EI)
5. Automatic generation of UV coordinates on models.
6. Xpressionist compatibility.
7. Extruding capabilties when combined with Bebel.
8. Organic shapes when combined with Encage.

The Igors, Konkeptoine, and I are planning a release announcement on Monday the 27th. Look for it!

bronco
03-24-2006, 03:02 PM
4. Several animation channels including control point level animation. (A first for EI)

number one selling point. any hints on the price tag?

Vizfizz
03-24-2006, 03:07 PM
That has yet to be announced by Konkeptoine so I'll leave that answer to them. However, I think I can sneak out that they're planning to be pretty nice to current Mrs. Bebel users.

worx3d
03-24-2006, 11:02 PM
I hope they're pretty nice to future Mrs Bebel users as well. I'm interested on Revolver, but I'm certainly more interested on MrsB and would be my first choice, as a start.

cheers

J

Vizfizz
03-24-2006, 11:05 PM
As a potential new user, would you be more interested in purchasing the modeling plugins separately and when needed or would you be more apt to buy a family of plugins?

worx3d
03-24-2006, 11:13 PM
I would like to have both options, to buy them separately and as a family, with a total lower price if I chose to buy the family (like Northern Lights gives you the choice to buy them separately or in families of plugins). I would buy the family of plugins if the price is right.

cheers

J

Reuben5150
03-24-2006, 11:21 PM
That has yet to be announced by Konkeptoine so I'll leave that answer to them. However, I think I can sneak out that they're planning to be pretty nice to current Mrs. Bebel users.

That sounds good :)

Although i do need to limit myself a bit, ahh hard times.

Reuben

CGTalk Moderation
03-24-2006, 11:21 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.