PDA

View Full Version : why can i only render iffs?

legoivian
03-24-2006, 12:48 AM
I'm using maya 7 and I am only able to render iff images. This problem occured seemingly at random and I can't figure out why. If I render using formats such as targas or tiffs the rendering will get to post-processing and maya will freeze. I can minimize the window, but simply closing or using ctrl+alt+delete to end the task have no effect. I've tried batch rendering, using the command prompt to render, and rendering via right-clicking on the file. I'm out of ideas. Any suggestions?

newman
03-28-2006, 11:06 AM
hmmm. Did this work before and suddenly stopped? If so try and think of any changes you made to your system since then (e.g. installed new graphic drivers). But most likely something screwed up in your Maya installation. Have you tried re-installing Maya? If that doesn't help at least you'll have eliminated one possible source of the problem :)

amfantasy
03-28-2006, 10:46 PM
This is one of the main fixes in the Maya 7.0.1 update. Just get that and your porblem will be fixed.

the ali...I mean autodesk site is a little funny right now, so good luck finding the update

legoivian
03-30-2006, 12:39 AM
thanks for the input

yes it was working fine until one day it simply stopped working. it first happened when I tried rendering something with a light setup and a plygonal plane that had a "use background" shader on it so that it would only render shadows. no hardware changes have been made to my computer and I have re-installed maya twice. I agree though, it does seem to be more of a maya issue than a hardware issue, but i can't get past the fact that maya just stopped working out of nowhere.

amfantasy, your solution sounds promising. i haven't had much luck digging into what you are talking about, but i'm not quiting yet. I haven't heard of anyone else having this problem before and in your reply you make it seem common than i thought. Also, this is the first I've heard of an update. If you or anyone care to expand on this, I'm all ears.

CGTalk Moderation
03-30-2006, 12:39 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.