PDA

View Full Version : Character Studio Tranining Videos - Recomendations

JeremyJessup
03-24-2006, 12:02 AM
I own 3D Studio Max 8 which comes with Character Studio, but I find the tutorials to be a little tough to follow (for a dyslexic guy like myself :) ).

Does anyone have and recomendations for traning videos that will help me get my feet wet with CS? I know there's a lot of stuff out there, but I don't want to waste my money on stuff that isn't really quality training material.

brazz
04-01-2006, 03:48 PM
lynda.com has some max trainnings, see if thereīs any on CS.
Thereīs a animation trainning dvd selling on cgchannel.com, The guys uses CS if I`m not mistaken, I know itīs good stuff. Check it out and good luck.

Pollo
04-05-2006, 09:44 PM
lynda.com has some max trainnings, see if thereīs any on CS.
Thereīs a animation trainning dvd selling on cgchannel.com, The guys uses CS if I`m not mistaken, I know itīs good stuff. Check it out and good luck.

Lynda.com's material seems to be not "up to snuff," as it seems they're thying to cover every CG, art, compositing, etc. program out there. I've used a few of them and sorta wished I had spent the time with something like Gnomon or Digital-Tutors (DT is my favorite so far on most things).

Now for Max, there aren't nearly as many tutorials/DVDs for it. I think the Jeff Lew's animation DVD is made in Max, but it can be used with any program basically.

Most animation DVDs (if they're good) try to teach you the art of animation rather than just the tools of animation.

Here are some good tutorials made by ivanisavich,
http://www.tysonibele.com/

:)
Edit: Tyson's tutorial(s) are mainly 3dsmax specific ;)

BldRnr
04-05-2006, 11:40 PM
You can try the dvd's from http://www.lostpencil.com/They are very good and affordable. By the way what tutorials are you having trouble with?
Any particular part?

CGTalk Moderation
04-05-2006, 11:40 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.