PDA

View Full Version : Animating a fountain

genesisarchitecture
03-23-2006, 11:27 PM
Unfortunately I don't have a great deal of training with Cinema 4D or any 3D graphic program. I have been training myself through tutorials. However, we are creating a virtual walk through of a home we are designing (I work for an architectural firm). There is a wall fountain and I have no idea how to make it look like water is falling down certain parts of the wall. I have tried many things... particle emitters, animated water shader, etc. I know there has to be a way and my best thought is to animate a shape along a spline. However, is there a way to do that where the object forms to the spline. Right now just the tip of the object is attaching to the spline, the rest of the object is doing it's own thing. I hope this makes some sense. If any one can help me I would greatly appreciate it. I have been trying to figure this out for a couple weeks now and I am about to go batty!!

CGTalk Moderation
03-23-2006, 11:27 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.