PDA

View Full Version : Annoying problem with the UVīs

falconking
03-23-2006, 10:50 PM
Please give me a hand here... I made a very cool model using Z-spheres, I finished all the details using projection master, then I started painting my model and oops... weird things happened, painting started to show in places I didnīt paint, color saquares in the other side of the model, and so on... so I changed the UV cordiantes and all, nothing fix this...! can somebody please tell me how can I paint my model correctly, please ? This may sound like a stupid question, but Iīm new using the program. Thanks a lot!

Attached Thumbnails

eblondin
03-23-2006, 11:02 PM
so it sounds like you need to start over on your texturing.

1. create a texture
2. assign GUV or AUV tiles
3. then paint

SajNT
04-12-2006, 06:18 AM
falconking, sounds like you've encountered the same hair tearing problems i had some hours ago. 1st off, do you have multiple UVs laid out for your character? By saying that, it means the UVs of your character are all laid out NOT into one UV region, but say 3-4?

zBrush can only display ONE texture map at a time. Say if you project a circle onto a character's forehead, some bit of the paint will be on the back of the head, the ears when you pick it up. This is because ALL the UVs are displaying that same texture map at the same time,which is not suppose to be the case.

One suggestion is to isolate inidividual UV regions and paint them seperately(refer to thread below). But that doesn't mean the polygons that are not showing will not inherit the image you're painting. Isolating the UV sets allows you to focus on one region at a time,ignoring the messed up displays the other region are showing.

The other,which I found out after reading the Underworld Evolution thread, is to squeeze all your character's UVs into ONE single UV region. However if you're working on something that needs high quality display textures, this may not be a good workaround. Thus instead of having 4 UV regions, with 2k textures each, you have ONE UV region, with a texture size of 8k. This way,zbrush will properly display the appropriate pixel information.

But upon consulting a friend, large texture maps slows performance down, having multiple, say 2k size textures is always better for rendering evaluations,comared to a big 8k one.

Hope these help ;)

p/s: check out these threads as well
MULTIPLE TEXTURES on the same object (http://www.zbrushcentral.com/zbc/showthread.php?t=149)
WORKING WITH MULTIPLE UV regions (http://www.zbrushcentral.com/zbc/showthread.php?t=146)

falconking
04-12-2006, 07:03 AM
Sounds logicall to me. Iīll give it a try. Thanks for your help :)

CGTalk Moderation
04-12-2006, 07:03 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.