PDA

View Full Version : New Version Please Critique

slayerment
12-21-2002, 11:39 PM
I just finished my latest version of my portfolio site. Any feedback would be great. Thank you.

http://www.quintonfigueroa.com/index3/index.htm

you need flash 6 (http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/download.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash&P5_Language=English) to view it

jizzypop
12-23-2002, 06:01 PM
very impressive :buttrock:

how long did it take to make?

slayerment
12-23-2002, 08:58 PM
1 1/2 weeks, 30-40 hours. any more input?

Ian Jones
12-24-2002, 04:56 AM
heh, the opening eyes is groovy.

I'd do something more artsy with the photo though.

The loader needs a %. The intro setup is nice, menus are smooth. The sounds are good. Do you add a tiny bit of silence before your sounds?

whats your fps? seems around about 30fps, 20 at least.

When I'm scrolling through the graphics menu, its kind of irrtating that its so thin and I have to move my mouse so far to press the downscroll button. if I were you I would increase the space for more items.

I love the sounds and anim when a graphic loads.

The Graphic / multimedia text on the bar that moves at the top is jittering. This is because Flash can't do sub-pixel animation and antialiasing (which would be a major cpu hog if it did). Maybe try changing its speed, or animate the text to pulse / fade or something to avoid the current jitters.

I like your wallpaper 2. Interesting and unique. The surface almost looks like it has sss, quite similar to a default Brazil wax shader.

With the slide-overs on the main feature buttons at the bottom, it is not obvious that they are buttons. Well it is to me, but it could be clearer. for example the other buttons make the cursor change. Perhaps sticking with this idea would bring some consistency to the navigation. Especially important when you consider your navigation is not of the traditional type. It is still quite user-friendly but all the guidance a bewildered websurfer can get is always helpful.

Not a lot more I can think of. Really nice site overall, congrats. Perhaps some more text to read in some of the descriptions would be nice.

I like your sounds, you made the menu sounds yourself?

slayerment
12-24-2002, 05:13 AM
hey thanks for the wonderful feedback. ya im using 30 fps and yes made the sound fx myself. i dont recall adding silence before them :hmm: ill see what i can do based on ur feedback. :)

Nedim_S
12-25-2002, 12:09 AM
Pixel design of the bottom stripe has not fit well with the other objects. Try not to make it pixel design.

elfufu
12-25-2002, 04:47 PM
the top is way to empty being that the top is what you see first. or where the logo should be to put an identity to the page. the photograph of you should be modified, the lighting is terrible, i would make it blue tones to go with the look you want. the fonts need work too. they are not as hightech as you want them to appear

slayerment
12-25-2002, 06:00 PM
thanks guys i really appreciate your help. ya that pic does suck my flash accidently went off and i was too lazy to fix it. now im paying. ill fix it. thanks again.

Michael Chen
12-29-2002, 07:10 AM
Pretty cool :buttrock:

Ian Jones
12-29-2002, 08:51 AM
hey Slayerment. the comment about the tiny amount of silence before a sound is because I'm trying to find out why some websites sounds click & pop, usually at the start of the sound. It may be because of starting higher or lower than a zero level crossing. So that may make it 'clip' or buffer-underrun. just curious about your sounds... :p

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 02:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.