PDA

View Full Version : Maya only renders 1st frame

Darko11
03-23-2006, 09:58 PM
Hi,

I'm rendering out an animation of abotu 200 frames, all on normal settings, using maya software redner. However the batch render stops at frame 1, telling me "batch render complete". I'm sure I have my settings right. Anyone know the fix? THANKS

krazyrokr
03-24-2006, 05:13 AM
I am having the exact same problem except im rendering with mental ray. If you look through the forum, you'll find that a lot of ppl seem to be having the same problem, but none of the suggestions have help me solve the problem yet. Maybe you'll have better luck.

Darko11
03-24-2006, 02:25 PM
I am having the exact same problem except im rendering with mental ray. If you look through the forum, you'll find that a lot of ppl seem to be having the same problem, but none of the suggestions have help me solve the problem yet. Maybe you'll have better luck.

Yah thanks, I have seen them. For such a critical problem I figured someone would have given the answer by now lol, "anyone... anyone?"

leif3d
03-24-2006, 05:16 PM
I'm having the same problem with only one scene and mentalray...comments are appreciated!

floze
03-24-2006, 05:39 PM
Have you guys tried rendering from the command line or from within the GUI? I'm firing off batch jobs one after the other over here from the command line, without any problems at all.

leif3d
03-24-2006, 05:53 PM
I've tried it both ways with no luck...:(

leif3d
03-24-2006, 06:02 PM
I solved my problem...MR didn't like 2 TIF textures of 2500X200 dpi...so I scaled them down to 1/2...that helped get rid of the warnings...but it still wouldn't render ...so then I saved them as 24bit TGA and voila! It batch rendered...hope that helps.

Dialector
03-25-2006, 01:00 PM
I have had that problem sometimes when rendering to TGAs. I fixed it by switching the output format to iff.

pgraham
03-25-2006, 04:24 PM
I'm sure I have my settings right.Famous last words.

Make sure your frame range is set in render globals, and that you have chosen a filename extension that contains a # for frame numbering. Other than that, I have no idea.

Quantium
03-27-2006, 02:26 AM
Yep, count me in for this one also. Can render anything format, any duration in Mental Ray, switch over to Maya Software, only renders first frame. I could just render everything in mR, but I really don't want to wait 3 times as long for each frame compared to mS.

langvandre
03-27-2006, 01:43 PM
I have the same trouble with my latest scene. I start batch render, and... it only renders 2 or 3 frames with Maya software render. The message I see is sooo veeery helpfull: "An error has occurred". This is so extremely helpful that I haven't been able to solve the problem.
The same happens in Maya 6.5 and Maya 7

It's a shame cos' I wanted to use Paint effects. Don't want to convert to polys, too many polys can hurt you ;-)

I've tried everything, even removing all, but the paint effects strokes. These strokes use a couple of iffs, maybe I'll try to convert those. But these are standard brushes...

Sc0rPs
03-30-2006, 08:37 AM
I got the same problem with mental ray on a render layer, well similar problem. I made sure the camera renderable option was checked, render globals are set right but when I try to batch it starts... few minutes go by and then says:// Result: Rendering Completed. See mayaRenderLog.txt for information. //

Of course the info in there is vague and doesn't help.

I did have a similar problem with a small scene using software, it just renders a frame and quits... the way I went around that was just exported everything and opened that... it rendered fine. So this might help if any of you have a somewhat small scene.

langvandre
03-30-2006, 09:08 AM
I tried that too, didn't help me (using Maya render)

Sc0rPs
03-30-2006, 03:43 PM
Sorry to hear that Iangvandre, but it seems we're not alone... someone must have encountered these problems in the past and figured it out. If I do I'll be sure to post, but don't have much time left to get my reel together... I am going to try to render it off the master layer with whatever not wanted turned off.

i-d
04-01-2006, 08:15 PM
I've recently upgradded my years old system 2kto xp and new graphic card, not quadro

but geforce 7800 gs which is only agp card with new things,
system is ok, dps reality plays with no problem although there is
one slight feeling that something is slow and then bam!
no more batch render, gddamit am in the middle of job,
i just rendered that sequence in W2000 yesterday
what now, no idea.
That feeling again, I go to bios and enable hyperthreading,
not that I beleive it would matter to much.
Restart, works. Batch render works, im rendering frame 8 in mental ray.
No idea.

Buexe
04-01-2006, 09:39 PM
I have had that problem sometimes when rendering to TGAs. I fixed it by switching the output format to iff.

Yep, same over here. I had the same rendering issue here, and my workaround is to use only iff. Since I do that I don`t have that problem anymore.

DaveMation
04-03-2006, 04:20 PM
Same problem here, i was just wanting to test render to an avi file, but only the one frame is rendered.

Dave

i-d
04-05-2006, 02:34 PM
Sorry about that misleading idea that hyperthreading had
something to do with batch render stopping.
I was rendering 32-bit and 16 - bit iffs, when I render in 8bits
it works fine, but I need at least 16bit image in this project.
It seems that I should revert to maya 7.0?

CGTalk Moderation
04-05-2006, 02:34 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.