PDA

View Full Version : Electron Microscope Look

SKODA
03-23-2006, 07:15 PM
How do you acheive that electron microscope look. I think that it's the same tecnique that was used in the Fianal Fantasy movie a few years ago to give the Phantoms their appearence.

Any hints?

s
k
o
d
a

jeremyhardin
03-23-2006, 08:02 PM
mostly incidence angle gradients on luminosity and transparency. Check out the 'Dendrites' sample scene in the LW content. It has the look you want, so you can pick that apart.

Weetos
03-23-2006, 08:03 PM
Take a close at the surfaces used in the dendrites scenes provided with LW, it's really close to what you posted

hope that helps

3DDave
03-23-2006, 08:08 PM
There is a preset shader for that, use it as a starting point.

jeremyhardin
03-23-2006, 08:20 PM
wannabe(s).
;);)

Netvudu
03-24-2006, 01:59 AM
For a different approach...did you take a look at the dendrites scenes included in the Lw contents? :D

No seriously, apart from that super cool scene by Policarpo and besides what jeremy stated on using incidence angle-based gradients for luminosity and transparency, also a wise use of Depth of Field will help you getting there...

...the new version of the i-dof plug does look cool for that kind of stuff, doesn´t it jeremy? :deal:

jeremyhardin
03-24-2006, 02:25 AM
No seriously, apart from that super cool scene by Policarpo and besides what jeremy stated on using incidence angle-based gradients for luminosity and transparency, also a wise use of Depth of Field will help you getting there...

...the new version of the i-dof plug does look cool for that kind of stuff, doesn´t it jeremy? :deal:

Haha. I'll be honest. I've have heard good things about it. :D :thumbsup:
What was it's website again? http://www.lwidof.net I think it was. Haha.

CGTalk Moderation
03-24-2006, 02:25 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.