PDA

View Full Version : How do you erase a selected area?

rock
12-21-2002, 08:30 PM
In photoshop 7, how do select an area and erase whatever is inside that selected area?

Thanks.
Rock

andyofewlegacy
12-21-2002, 08:39 PM
You need to use the lasso tool and select your area (or the marquee tool). Than you need to select the errasor tool and erase your selected area.

rock
12-21-2002, 09:03 PM
Thank you. I wasn't specific enough with my question. What I meant to say was how do you quickly erase the selected area without have to use the eraser tediously throughout a selected area. Do I just fill the area with a white colour?

Thanks.
Rock

Ian Jones
12-22-2002, 03:01 AM
You just press delete. If your working on its own layer, above the background.

Unless... if your working only on one layer, the background... then you can make your selection then press ctrl+backspace and that will fill your selection with whatever background colour you have. Press x if you need to quickly switch between background and foreground colours. Then you can ctrl+backspace if you have the right colour.

Hope that helps.

leigh
12-22-2002, 03:30 AM
Yeah, select and hit DELETE! Nice and simple :D

Phwhitfield
01-06-2003, 03:50 PM
You cannot delete anything on a layer that is locked (little symbol of e locker on the layer) The background layer is always locked, you have to rename it to layer0 or whatever you like by doubble clicking on it.

Or you can fill the selected area with also the foreground color by pressing alt and backspace.

As leigh said it's quite simple...

Ian Jones
01-07-2003, 02:17 AM
What is with so many of these threads.. ppl answer then the poster never comes back. Rock, are you there?

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 01:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.