PDA

View Full Version : stuck...

Riemens
03-23-2006, 06:47 PM
I started this painting a while ago...and never got aroudn to finishing it.
I should just move on but i like something about this painting and i want to finish it but i am kind of stuck with what direction i should go in for the background and maybe even colours too...any sugestions would be very welcome!

http://www.digitalcaress.com/temp/sucubis_1.jpg
http://www.digitalcaress.com/temp/sucubis_6.jpg
http://www.digitalcaress.com/temp/sucubis_5.jpg

aldog
03-23-2006, 07:31 PM
It's kind of hard considering the position of her arms combined with the fact that she's sitting. But maybe you could have her sitting on a window ledge holding open drapes with a bed in the background with an obviously satisfied but slightly rigor mortised body.

JTD
03-23-2006, 08:37 PM
Fantastic values! I like the drapes thing that aldog suggested but not the bed. I see her more as a some kind of judge, looking down on the righteous.

oogieboogietoogie
03-23-2006, 11:27 PM
Lovely texturing and shadowing, esp. the hands, legs, and the horns.

Just to point out my opinion, she seems a bit manly, considering the muscular deltoids and legs, but it adds to the demonic, powerful, and sort of wild aspect of the character.

There are some very slight anatomical/compositional adjustments, i think, that I would like to say:
- the hair seems sort of like a wig. Perhaps it's the horns, but the hair line and hair seem raised a bit - her forehead seems a bit big (maybe just to accomadate the horns).
- her right jaw is a bit lower than her left. I know this is just a really minor thing, but it was bugging me sooo much! >__< I hope you understand. I'm just want to help!
- I think that the connectivity/relation between the facial features - particularly the nose and lips, could flow into the surrounding skin better. Not necessarily flow, but it sort of looks detached. But then, you may probably be in your detailing stage.
- her right horn is higher than her left.

Perhaps i'm just too nitpicky. =__=;

I really like the eyes though - they're so foreign, alien, and yet sort of beautiful.

Keep up the awesome work!

Riemens
03-28-2006, 03:13 AM
Lovely texturing and shadowing, esp. the hands, legs, and the horns.

Just to point out my opinion, she seems a bit manly, considering the muscular deltoids and legs, but it adds to the demonic, powerful, and sort of wild aspect of the character.

There are some very slight anatomical/compositional adjustments, i think, that I would like to say:
- the hair seems sort of like a wig. Perhaps it's the horns, but the hair line and hair seem raised a bit - her forehead seems a bit big (maybe just to accomadate the horns).
- her right jaw is a bit lower than her left. I know this is just a really minor thing, but it was bugging me sooo much! >__< I hope you understand. I'm just want to help!
- I think that the connectivity/relation between the facial features - particularly the nose and lips, could flow into the surrounding skin better. Not necessarily flow, but it sort of looks detached. But then, you may probably be in your detailing stage.
- her right horn is higher than her left.

Perhaps i'm just too nitpicky. =__=;

I really like the eyes though - they're so foreign, alien, and yet sort of beautiful.

Keep up the awesome work!

Thanks for all the helpfull comments!
I just got a new pc so im in the process of getting everyhting ready to paint
but now i can play games....lol
maybe a new pc wasnt such a good idea

Riemens
03-28-2006, 03:20 AM
image sucubis_5.jpg is messed up when i go to it in the web browser in this forum but if i dl it it
looks fine...
is anyone else having this problem or is it just me?
i see some green lines and stuff going throught the image horizontaly...

Riemens
03-30-2006, 05:42 PM
image sucubis_5.jpg is messed up when i go to it in the web browser in this forum but if i dl it it
looks fine...
is anyone else having this problem or is it just me?
i see some green lines and stuff going throught the image horizontaly...

never mind it looks fine at work

Screenblind
03-30-2006, 05:55 PM
Maybe she could be perched on a swing made of bones...

playtime in hell :)

jmBoekestein
03-30-2006, 05:56 PM
This is super stuff. I love it!!! Great details allready, love her face as well. Only thing I have to say is mind the weight, skinfat and bone etc. :D

:thumbsup:

Riemens
03-30-2006, 06:36 PM
Maybe she could be perched on a swing made of bones...

playtime in hell :)

Thanks I really like that idea....im thinking of some wings too!!!

This is super stuff. I love it!!! Great details allready, love her face as well. Only thing I have to say is mind the weight, skinfat and bone etc.

Thanks for the compliment.
It is still rough though, and ter is much work to be done yet. What exactly do you have a problem with in the "weight"?

CGTalk Moderation
03-30-2006, 06:36 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.