PDA

View Full Version : // Warning: Specified weight could not be set due to locked influences. //

dunkelzahn
03-23-2006, 12:51 PM
Hello everybody,

I´ve stumbled over a problem, which is slowly tearing at my nerves. I´ve created a rig for a model and am currently in the process of rerigging it for better control. Means I´ve exported my weights, detached the skin from the skeleton, added some more joints to my skeleton, deleted the skins history (you never know)and the I bound the skin back to my skeleton. Now, when I want to paint my skin weights I get the following error message in my Script Editor:

"// Warning: Specified weight could not be set due to locked influences. //"

I first thought, that Hold Weights was set to "On" for my joints, but it wasn´t the case. What is going on here? I took a look at the Component Editor and I can´t set the weights manually, I can only set uninfluenced vertices form 0 to a straight 1,smoothing the weights doesn´t work at all (It just sets influenced vertices to 1)...

...any help is appreciated very much!

Thanks

Chris

Buexe
03-23-2006, 01:22 PM
make sure that "hold" is off for ALL joints, not only the one you are trying to paint.
Do you use David Walden`s skinning Tools? They are really great and helpful especially
for this hold/unhold thing.
Tschüß
Jan

dunkelzahn
03-23-2006, 04:07 PM
Naa, I checked that. Seems that it was the Maximum Amount of influence in the skin node. Standard setting was at 1 strangely enough. I set it to 0 and now I can continue rigging, hoooray!

Cheers

Chris

CGTalk Moderation
03-23-2006, 04:07 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.