PDA

View Full Version : 3d effects for AE

atomilov
03-23-2006, 11:48 AM
HELLO

i have a problem with DEPTH CUE plugins, espessialy with RAK FOKUS. If i am not mstaking, it should blur my image, according to its Z-value,(rpf or rla images)

but it doesnt work properly. it seems like this plugin "think" that my image has no depth( and standart 3d plugs in after are doing everithing very well).

what is the problem with it? Maybe it works only with pre-composes and not with rla images?

And another quastion: is thr any other additional 3dchanel plugs for after, and where can i get some sort of list of it (do not advise me to google)

THANKS

Mylenium
03-23-2006, 04:37 PM
HELLO

i have a problem with DEPTH CUE plugins, espessialy with RAK FOKUS. If i am not mstaking, it should blur my image, according to its Z-value,(rpf or rla images)

but it doesnt work properly. it seems like this plugin "think" that my image has no depth( and standart 3d plugs in after are doing everithing very well).

what is the problem with it? Maybe it works only with pre-composes and not with rla images?

And another quastion: is thr any other additional 3dchanel plugs for after, and where can i get some sort of list of it (do not advise me to google)

THANKS

Rack Focus is applied to native AE 3D layers, not the 3D channel in RPF/ RLA images. Read the manual properly. Depth Cue does not contain a Z-Depth blur as you understand it. You acan achieve similar effects by extracting the depth to a greyscale image using the 3D Channel Extract effect and then apply e.g. the Lensblur effect in AE 7 or similar 3rd party effects such as Frischluft's Lenscare.

Mylenium

atomilov
03-23-2006, 09:04 PM
Rack Focus is applied to native AE 3D layers

Strange....

when i am trying to put rak focun on the 3d layer it is saying that it doesnt work with 3d layers.

but i will try some other effect.

CGTalk Moderation
03-23-2006, 09:04 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.