PDA

View Full Version : zbrush for shape targets in XSI!!

ximage
03-23-2006, 12:40 PM
i was just wondering if there is ne way to use zbrush to modify a mesh to make different shape weights in xsi. i was thinking that this would not be possible as shape weight have to be modified in the shape modeling stack so xsi knows the movement of the vertices. but does ne one know a way to this, as i think it would be alot easier to modify the mesh in zbrush.

thanks

sweeney:thumbsup:

ximage
03-25-2006, 10:53 AM
i hope this isnt a stupid question, but the more i think about it the more i think it is, do u have to have the movements of the vertices track to create the shape weights in XSI?

sweeney

mdee
03-25-2006, 06:53 PM
No, you don't have to have any information abour vertex movement. What you do need is polygon/vertex order and count - which should be the same in imported and exported mesh.

Exporting your mesh to ZBrush, moving some vertices around using move tool then bringing it back to XSI should work. Be sure you don't move your mesh in ZBrush (it's very easy to do it by mistake).

I can't give you more details as I use ZBrush only for displacement.

ximage
03-26-2006, 09:04 PM
thanks for the reply, yeh suppose i just should have tried it, i just did and it works so. hopefully should get some interesting results when trying to make something morph into something else.
cheers again

sweeney:scream:

CGTalk Moderation
03-26-2006, 09:04 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.