PDA

View Full Version : HELP turn day2night

iTEXTUREthings
03-06-2002, 10:44 AM
yeah befor anyone asks...this is a real picture
i'm trying to turn this image into a night scene for an animation I intend to create if i can figure this out.

anyone have any good stratagies for this in for photoshop?
this is my attempt so far...i only spent a few minutes on it because it's pi@s#ing me off :-)

http://alshaheen.net/artists/eremophobiac/citypanWEB.jpg

thanx for any advice friends

Sangotten
03-06-2002, 03:31 PM
You can try to darken the sky more (make it amost black, with a couple of stars) and maybe some clouds to show where the moon light comes from that also lights the buildings, to give a more real effect. Also try tune down the lights that hit the buildings (turn sunlight in to a bit weaker moonlight). Maybe if you manage to put on some lights in side the buildings (some lights on in the rooms) you get the feeling that it is really dark.

(...)
03-06-2002, 05:39 PM
i'm trying to turn this image into a night scene for an animation I intend to create if i can figure this out.

anyone have any good stratagies for this in for photoshop?

Apply a blue filter to the image, blacken the sky, remove any reflections, blur the shadows out a little, turn on that streetlamp in the bottom left part of the image, and turn on a few lights in the office buildings.

JoBbE
03-06-2002, 08:04 PM
Originally posted by (...)

Apply a blue filter to the image, blacken the sky, remove any reflections, blur the shadows out a little, turn on that streetlamp in the bottom left part of the image, and turn on a few lights in the office buildings.

a question: why remove the reflections? mirrors also reflect at night.......

Grayson
03-06-2002, 08:33 PM
That's what I was thinking too... :p

I think you’re on the right track. Maybe turn on the street lights and a couple lights in the buildings and drop in a star or two and you’re on your way. :)

(...)
03-07-2002, 01:23 PM
a question: why remove the reflections? mirrors also reflect at night.......

True, but mirrors don't reflect as much at night as they do in that original daylight picture (because there's less light to reflect).

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 02:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.