PDA

View Full Version : LW World Tour 2006

Ed Bittner
03-23-2006, 09:30 AM
Got back from the Troy Michigan stop of the tour yesterday. It was great! Don Balance himself was there demo-ing Tricaster, VT4, LW9, and the 3D Arsenal Creation Theater, ( which we picked up). Awesome stuff. Met some cool artists and production folks. Then theres the cool give-aways. A splendid time was had by all.
E.

duke
03-24-2006, 01:32 AM
WORLD Tour? Doesn't look like it...

WillCameron
03-24-2006, 04:56 AM
heh. yeah...

theone in boston last month was ok. very heavily slanted to the toaster/tricaster/3d arsenal, with little lightwave 9 stuff. I think Don mentioned Nodal, showed off catmul clark
subd's and that was about it...
in his own words, Ralphie was the the Lightwave Guy, so it may have been reversed at
any spots where it was Ralphie...

well atleast i won a hat :-)

- Will.
maybe some better swag next time, earlier versions of lightwave or something...

zcondren
03-24-2006, 04:12 PM
The NewTek Live 2006 Tour is not a LightWave 9 tour but a showcase of all NewTek products with a focus of showing that using NewTek products can make the lives of video production professionals easier, thus more profitable. We had one user that purchased the 3D Arsenal Creation Theater Content on a Friday for $350 and billed his local affiliate for $2,000 in animations on Monday all done with 3D Arsenal. This is a North American tour, we are doing 55 stops in 51 days all across the US, Canada and Mexico. For more information please visit http://www.newtek.com/shows/live/2006/index.php.

Ed Bittner
03-25-2006, 08:58 PM
It was pretty close to how WillCameron described, once Don gets his engine runnin' he just doesn't stop. I wish I'd have taped it, that way I could pause and or rewind when needed. We picked up 3D Arsenal Creation Theater, (full), so our motion graphics person is looking forward to playing around with that. I mean,, it wasn't the size of the San Fransisco Comicon or anything, and if,(when), we ramp up our video production to the extent that a VT4 becomes a necessity we'll be signing up for one of those too. Very instructive. Oh, and sorry guys, I meant LIVE tour...........

E.

sinbad
03-28-2006, 12:15 AM
America is the world, I believe they play the "world series" there (against themselves :D )

Zardoz
03-28-2006, 08:27 AM
lol sinbad that was funny. I've been checking newtek's website and they don't have world tour but 'live' tour...that's ok then...

but yeah, america is the world..."world series"...boxing, wrestling, etc...they play against themselves, but it's always 'against the world'...but hey :rolleyes:

I wish newtek would come to other countries...or continents...like Europe...or Portugal...yeah right

zcondren
03-28-2006, 03:00 PM
3D product manager Don Ballance recently sat down with the online 3D artist community Renderosity for an interview you can read it here http://www.renderosity.com/index.ez?viewStory=13006

Flog
03-29-2006, 04:36 AM
I was kind of sad with this tour. I went earlier today in Austin. The dude was cool, but I wanted to see ALL the tools.

Not VT and Tricaster only. That is all he focused on. I wanted to see all the tools, I did not even get to see Arsenal. Disappointed because I wanted to see if I should use LIghtwave in my production pipeline for my indie movie.

I wanted to see it's workflow and how quickly it works. The tutorials off of Newtek never come up for me, darn I waited a whole 2 months for this and got nothing out of it.

VT is cool, but I expected all products to be shown, not a 1 1/2 hour on Video Toaster only, 3 minutes on Lightwave, none on Arsenal and 30 minutes on Tricaster. I think most of the folks their had the same idea. I would have bought it that day had they showed me how things are done. I wanted to see how it works, and be able to ask questions.

I've been leaning between LIghtwave and C4d and I'm still undescided. I was hoping this would help me descide.

Waste of time for 3d folks. VT is cool though, but just not all I wanted to see.

I do give it this, if you are interested in video editing systems, this one is pretty good to use. It looked very good and the demonstator was interesting and very knowledgeable.
If I needed a video editing machine I would choose this program.

Good if it's your thing, and if it ain't, don't go thinking you will learn anything about Lightwave 8 or 9. Sorry to disappoint.

CGTalk Moderation
03-29-2006, 04:36 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.