PDA

View Full Version : character: skull

TheWraith
12-21-2002, 03:53 AM
not really a character, but i don't know what to classify it under exactly. anyways, just your typical green skull against a stormy sky. lemmek now wut ya think

Array
12-21-2002, 05:22 PM
very nice image, but there really isnt much in the scene to give one a sense of scale. Is the skull REALLY big but far away, or is it REALLY close to the viewer?

slime
12-21-2002, 09:32 PM
I think the birds should be more blurred or the rest of the image more sharp. Anyway, everything is too difuse to judge.
Hey, isn't this a scene from the third or fourth book of harry potter? :bounce:

:D

Viper
12-21-2002, 11:17 PM
Yeah....that made me think instantly of Harry Potter and the Globet of Fire heh...

I think it's nice...apart fromt he birds thing that has been pointed out...

TheWraith
12-22-2002, 06:20 AM
ah! so we do have some harry potter readers around here :) it is indeed a scene from the 4th harry potter book with the death eaters. the pic is a still from an animation i did and i threw the birds into the mix to try and help add some sense of scale to the scene. the skull is "supposed" to be rather large and off in the distance. and thank you for pointing out the crispness of the birds. i will have to fix that before i finish up my reel :) also, any suggestions on fixing the scale issue? i think it shows fine in the animation, but i would like it to show through in a still but can't think of a way without throwing in some giant object in front of the skull and another behind it... any other methods you guys know of?

blender
12-22-2002, 08:51 AM
yep... i immediately thought.. Harry Potter.. the death eater scene after the quidditch world cup

nicely done

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 01:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.