PDA

View Full Version : editing

animationking
12-20-2002, 11:08 PM
k..i just finished making a 4 minute animation and im going to start the editing. I split the animation into 30 diffrent scenes so its not one big file. I have Adobe After Effects as my editing program. I need some advise about how i should render my scenes? jpeg, avi, tif ...etc... so that i get the best quality yet it doesnt take up too much space. Its my first time editing a movie so i dont know much. Oh, and rendering 4 minutes of animation will take an extremely long time. Any hints to make this shorter or easier. Is there something i could do so that after it finishes rendering one scene it automatically goes on to the next? Any comments would be greatly appreciated. Thanx!

Vishal
12-22-2002, 01:33 PM
Targa and Tiff sequence gives the best quality and are also good for editing as you can easily alter the frames, but you have to compromise with size. Or you can use a avi also with Divx compressor.
Regarding scene rendering you can add all your scenes to batch so when one gets over other will automatically start.

Hope I was able to provide the information you want

Vishal

Nicool
12-22-2002, 07:44 PM
Work on high-res, and then export in the format you need or a tape k7

beaker
12-23-2002, 01:29 AM
I would use either iff or sgi. They are the smallest/most compressed file formats that maya outputs that is lossless. Probably sgi since many more apps can read it by default then iff.

Vishal
12-24-2002, 07:20 AM
Yes iff or sgi are the best for the type of work you are talking about and are supported by all compositing softwares.

animationking
12-24-2002, 04:29 PM
vishal what do you mean add them all to batch and the will automatically start. It says to do this everywhere i looked but i have no idea how. i know i gotta put something in the command line but ive tryed that and it doesnt work.

thanx everybody for your replies.:buttrock:

magnoborgo
12-25-2002, 01:17 PM
there is some optimization that u can make to take less to render, but i must know: when you said that the rendering times are longer, they are from the 3d aplication or from after effects?

just as Vishal said, use the divx codec to make your "preview" files, they size of the files will be small and the quality ok.

animationking
12-25-2002, 06:03 PM
i ment rendering from maya

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 01:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.