PDA

View Full Version : Random values in Texture envelope

aurora
12-20-2002, 09:37 PM
Is there a way to add random values in a texture envelope. For example say I create a procedural/gradient texture for the luminosity channel and wanted the x, y, and/or z position values to vary randomly over time.

SplineGod
12-21-2002, 05:06 AM
Originally posted by aurora
Is there a way to add random values in a texture envelope. For example say I create a procedural/gradient texture for the luminosity channel and wanted the x, y, and/or z position values to vary randomly over time.
You can apply a motion modifier or expression to any envelope. That would be noisy channel or using the random function using expressions.

aurora
12-21-2002, 03:30 PM
Oh Yeah, using a noisy channel is exactly the effect I would be looking for. In fact I remember somebody, maybe even you, talking about random movement in expressions I think in Protons's walking gait thread. I'll go hunt for it right now,
Thanks.

aurora
12-21-2002, 03:52 PM
Just in case somebody else is trying to figure this out heres the link to that thread I mentioned above only it was not Proton's easy walk cycle tut it was Masteryoda90's Question about walking on surfaces thread, with SplineGod and Jonathon provideing the wonderful tips.
http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=31517&highlight=random+expressions

Thanks again guys!:beer:

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 01:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.