PDA

View Full Version : Reverse feet with toes

Womball
03-22-2006, 05:58 PM
hello there! So far I have only seen reverse feet with a single toe. Now say you add 4 or 5 toes. Things get more interesting! How make individual reverse toe rigs that hook into one reverse foot? Or is there a simpler way of doing this?

The-Tox
03-28-2006, 08:48 PM
Okay im very new to 3D Aplications...But I think some helpers on the Solvers linked to a CTRL shape could do the trick...So when you move the controller or turn it...You turn everything bind to the CTRL...

virtualmesh
03-28-2006, 10:59 PM
why would you need to create the bones in reverse order for the individual toe joints as you did the foot ?

I would create each toe's bone chain (2 or 3 each toe) starting from the foot so that the nub bone end is at the tip of each toe and simply link each of the toe's root bone to the 'toe' bone that is part of your reverse toe rig.

Illusion-shadow
03-29-2006, 04:45 AM
why would you need to create the bones in reverse order for the individual toe joints as you did the foot ?

I would create each toe's bone chain (2 or 3 each toe) starting from the foot so that the nub bone end is at the tip of each toe and simply link each of the toe's root bone to the 'toe' bone that is part of your reverse toe rig.

I agree, the set up for the reverse foot with or without the toe should be the same. Liinking the toes to the 'toe bone' will give you extra control. So when you are walking, the toes will follow the 'toe bone' and when you want to give some extra movement to the toe, you can animate them on top of the link.

If you want to get really fancy and be able to turn the linkage on and off, instead of linking it to the toe bone, create some helpers and link it to the toe bone, then position and orientation constraint each 'toe' to it helper. After that on create a controller an add a custom attribute, create a slider and wire the weight of the orientation and position constraint to the bone. Then you can turn on and turn off the 'toes' movement base on the toe bone.

CGTalk Moderation
03-29-2006, 04:45 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.