PDA

View Full Version : Koshigaya Thumbnail Support - V1.2: Explorer-Thumbnails for CIN, TGA, IFF, PSD etc..

AyaKoshigaya
03-22-2006, 03:21 PM
Current Version: 1.3!! See my Post at Page 2 for more infos :)
------------------------------
Hi,

Version 1.2 of the Koshigaya Thumbnail Support is released! :)

New supported Image-Formats: *.cin, *.dpx, *.xpm
Bugfix: Smaller Images were stretched to fit the Thumbnail.. now they stay in original size!

Download: (~0.5mb)
http://www.koshigaya.de/?content=viewtool&file=KoshigayaThumbnailSupport.txt

For all how don't know what this is:
KoshigayaThumbnailSupport adds Thumbnails for more then 30 ImageFormats to the Explorer and nearly all Open/Save Dialogs. So you can see you Images in the Explorer without tools like AdobeBridge etc.

Supported Formats are:
*.iff, *.cin, *.dpx, *.tif, *.tiff, *.fax, *.tga, *.vst, *.icb, *.vda, *.win, *.jpg, *.jpeg, *.bmp, *.rle, *.dib, *psd, *.pdd, *.psp, *.png, *.png, *.gif, *.rla, *.rpf, *.bw, *.rgb, *.rgba, *.sgi, *.pcd, *.cel, *.pic, *.cut, *.pal, *.pcx, *.pcc, *.ppm, *.pgm, *.pbm, *.xpm

Au'revoir,
Aya~

PS: If you find bugs, please tell me :)

PPS: I'm working on HDR, but it's hard to implement... there's nothing about this format on the web :(

easy
03-22-2006, 03:39 PM
Fantastic!

Als
03-23-2006, 10:08 AM
Glad to see your announcement on these pages.
Great work as usual!!!

Thanks

Als

romeu
03-23-2006, 05:13 PM
thanks a lot,
thatīs realy cool
:thumbsup:

Sailor0001
03-23-2006, 06:02 PM
This is a very useful tool indeed. It would be nice also to support .dds format.

CGmonkey
03-23-2006, 08:04 PM
Freaking ace man! Thanks!

woric
03-23-2006, 09:20 PM
Cool, Thanks.

fr3drik
03-24-2006, 06:31 PM
This is too cool for school! :buttrock:

phexitol
03-25-2006, 08:48 AM
Still seeing squished PSDs. Want me to email you one that does it?

lowkey
03-25-2006, 10:27 AM
THAAAAAAANKS A LOT!! Have been lookin' for something like this for some time now.

>> ***** << :thumbsup:

AyaKoshigaya
03-25-2006, 11:21 AM
Still seeing squished PSDs. Want me to email you one that does it?
Hi, yeah.. would be great, cause I don't have any squished PSDs ^^
Send it to Aya@koshigaya.de

Aya~

prelot
03-25-2006, 12:11 PM
Thanks very much for this one!:) it's very useful for me.
Do you think it would be very Hard to make also a thumbnail preview pic of a Maya Scenes (.MB or .Ma) in the explorer? That could be fantastic!:thumbsup:

durbdk
03-25-2006, 04:29 PM
Hi AyaKoshigaya,

Thank you so VERY much! You just solved one of the biggest irritents I have, great job :beer:

swag
03-26-2006, 03:51 PM
i get some bad crashes with tif files - i have to deinstall please check this

fr3drik
03-26-2006, 05:21 PM
It doesn't seem to work for me. I'm running WinXP 64-bit ...is that why it's not working?

AyaKoshigaya
03-27-2006, 04:01 PM
Hi,

i get some bad crashes with tif files - i have to deinstall please check this
umh.. could you send me one of the tifs that crashes?? So I can check why it's crashing and fix it :)

It doesn't seem to work for me. I'm running WinXP 64-bit ...is that why it's not working?
I never worked with WinXP64.. so I don't know :p
But, what exactly isn't working?? Can't you install it?? Does it crash? does it just show no thumbs..??

Au'revoir,
Aya~

fr3drik
03-27-2006, 07:54 PM
I never worked with WinXP64.. so I don't know :p
But, what exactly isn't working?? Can't you install it?? Does it crash? does it just show no thumbs..??

I don't know if it installs. I just check all filetypes and hit the button. Nothing seems to happen and no thumbnails show up when browsing directories. :(

daedalu$
03-27-2006, 08:22 PM
Try the 32Bit IE. On my System it's in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe".

Edit: Ok, if it doesn't even install, this tip was useless.

monovich
03-27-2006, 08:28 PM
doesn't install on my win 64. I hit "set supports" and the program ceases to respond. It created the folder in the Program Files (x86), but there is nothing in the folder.

:(

AyaKoshigaya
03-27-2006, 11:03 PM
Hi,

I just uploaded Version 1.3 :)

New Image Formats: *.jpg, *.jpeg :D
Bugfix: Produces squished thumbs at the Sidebar of the Explorer - fixed :)
Bugfix: The thumbnails had a white background, now it's transparent.
New Feature: You can enable to show the Image-Dimension (Width/Height) at the bottom of the Thumbnail.

As soon as I have time I'll implement *.hdr, *.exr (OpenEXR) and *.dds.
But can't say exactly when I'll find some time.. still have to work on my short movie :)

doesn't install on my win 64. I hit "set supports" and the program ceases to respond. It created the folder in the Program Files (x86), but there is nothing in the folder.
Right now I don't have any ideas.. but I'll try to find out what's happening here :)
Could someone who has WinXP64 send me a Mail (Aya@Koshigaya.de) to test some things?? Or if you have ICQ this would be much easier :) My UIN is 36235116.

Au'revoir,
Aya~

Pixero
03-28-2006, 06:03 AM
Thanks!

This is great. :thumbsup:

supersteve3d
03-28-2006, 06:04 AM
Thanks very much for this one!:) it's very useful for me.
Do you think it would be very Hard to make also a thumbnail preview pic of a Maya Scenes (.MB or .Ma) in the explorer? That could be fantastic!:thumbsup:

I 2nd this.. actually Safak Oner has a script called Project manager that is supposed to do this. Unfortunately, I could not get it to display the thumbnails.

Cheers,
Steve.

CGTalk Moderation
03-28-2006, 06:04 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.