PDA

View Full Version : animation : reel 2002 (NTSC resolution - 4 minutes - 50Mb)

slime
12-20-2002, 04:00 PM
Hi,

I just uploaded my reel. :p

Here you can see some sample images:

http://www.wonderslime.com/reel/reel.jpg

You can download it from my site.

http://www.wonderslime.com

Just go to the VIDEO section or follow the link in the start page (news).

Please, post comments :)

Regards!

Daniel.

Meny
12-20-2002, 05:08 PM
Excellent!!! looks great! I love your design, the 2d titles.

I also visited your site (!) while i downloaded your reel. WOW!
everything desgined so good and clean. and after seeing your
reel i know who did the picture in my desktop that lays there
for so long :) (cellular)
i changed it now to one of your Mina's picture :)

i'll keep visiting your site for inspiration!

dragonz
12-20-2002, 05:46 PM
Very very nice, i enjoyed that very much. I gotta say, you have some great ideas there. love the way you did the trees, and everything else. Great site too.

Heber
12-21-2002, 12:11 AM
whoa awesome work! i love your style and all , any chance you could post some of those wallpapers from your site? all i could find there is small versions, but id love to use those on my desktop...:beer:

Longman
12-21-2002, 12:13 AM
Hey slime would you mind letting us know which package you prefer to use and which plug-ins/additions you like to use for foliage? Your forest shots are fantastic and inspire me to run off and make some of my own but so far I've been disappointed with the high price of some of the foliage generators...

Hates_
12-21-2002, 12:59 AM
Pretty amazing stuff!!!! Well done!!! :surprised

facial
12-21-2002, 05:14 AM
Hey, man. your websit has been changed, It's cool. Well u finished that demo reel, Great :beer:
I am downloading that in progress, I can not wait too see, bye fo r now and i will give your reply later.:bounce:

laker
12-21-2002, 06:27 AM
I cant seam to get your demo,
I try to download it after it emails me the address, but opens to a HTML file which does nothing, and i cant right clikc save :(
why?

slime
12-21-2002, 06:38 AM
Thank you very much for the comments! :love:
I'm glad you liked it :wavey:
What do you think about the music?
(you can download it from the music section of the site, if you want to hear it without fx)

meny: wow. I'm flattered! you are using my images as wallpapers :D I'm glad you like my titles too!

rayfusion: tell me what image do you want and I'll make a hi-res version if I can. :)

longman: in my site you have information about the images. software used, etc.

facial: I hope you like it. And post us updates of your chinese style painting video! :thumbsup:

laker: if it doesn't work, try to enter the address to your browser (only the domain and directory, without the file, and the file will show there)

Regards!

Daniel.

facial
12-21-2002, 06:46 AM
Hi, slime. I'v see your reel, and I love it. You did great works, Keep post more good stuff here.:beer: :beer:

Obaid3DFX
12-21-2002, 09:53 AM
This is REALY very coooooooooooooooooolllllll and beatiful demo Reel....

nice job slime :bounce: :thumbsup:

* I am keeping your demo reel in my archive!!! :p

cheer
:beer:

Obaid3DFX
12-21-2002, 09:55 AM
Also I gave you 5 stars

:applause:

Hates_
12-21-2002, 11:49 AM
I've already downloaded the music and am listening to it right now! :eek:

Stimpy
12-21-2002, 01:33 PM
totally blown away.

very nice atmosphere, very soothing.. just what i needed right now, being hung over from the night before.. ;)

the only shot bothering me is of the girl running... it seems to stick out a lot, since her movement isnt as smooth as the rest of the reel...

OggieBoogie
12-21-2002, 01:43 PM
Lets move this baby to the front page!!! Everyone deserves to see it!!! Cmon!!! Wonderful work....very clean. Keep up the good work!

slime
12-21-2002, 03:43 PM
Hi! Thanks for the supporting words! :love:

facial: You are always so kind. :)
Alom: Thank you for the stars!! :thumbsup:
Hates_: Great :) Did you like it? I don't know if the music fits well :P
Stimpy: That's true :P I should have drawed double the frames. But only to adjust the timing was a pain :P I will fix it in the future.
OggieBoogie: Hehe you are so kind :D Thank you for the comments :)

I hope I can get into the industry with this reel. :)
I've send a lot of tapes to studios over the world :P

Does anybody knows any place I could use as a mirror for the video? I will run out of bandwidth soon :P Any help will be very appreciated.

Regards!

Daniel.

arvid
12-21-2002, 06:22 PM
Why do I need to enter my email?

slime
12-21-2002, 06:36 PM
I think I should had explain it before :)

It's a php script I made to calculate the amount of traffic to the site so it automatically renames the reel directory and places a message in the reel download page when I reach bandwidth limit. I am paying a monthly amount of money to rhe hosting company and I have a limited amount of bandwidth (15Gb).

But with the video, I will pass that limit for sure and I would have to pay a lot of money. The mail is not stored, I only send an automatic mail with php to the address provided.

I don't want to spam, sell the mail addresses or something like that :) If you browse my site, you will notice I don't have any banner or anything like that. It's only I cannot monitorize every minute the site, to close the directory when it reaches critical bandwidth, so with the mail it's automatic; It adds 50Mb to the bandwidth counter every mail sended, and works without me worrying about it.

I will put this information in the site, so everyone understands. :)

Regards!

Daniel.

arvid
12-21-2002, 06:47 PM
I see, but couldn't you get the same result by just watching the hits on a download page or something? I dont think you'll use the emailadresses for spam but I generally don't enter my email adress anywhere on the web. I wouldn't want to scare people away from downloading my reel for a technicality :)

slime
12-21-2002, 07:42 PM
Using the mail is the only way to obtain accurate results.
I could watch the hits of a page but not the hits of a file, without getting into the apache logs. And the apache logs of this month already have 32Mb size. :)
This is the easiest way I thought.
I don't like to enter my mail averywhere too, but I have not problem to enter it in subscription mailings of artist pages and "trusted" places :cool:

Regards!

Daniel.

arvid
12-21-2002, 07:57 PM
ok :) i better hurry before you're out of bandwidth then :D

CourtJester
12-22-2002, 01:29 AM
Wow. Amazing stuff. Sound design was remarkable for a demo reel, Amazing with headphones, nice change from the usual techno soundtrack. Inspires me to choose something other than that for my own reel.

slime
12-22-2002, 01:57 PM
CourtJester: Thank you very much. I was into music way before getting into CG. About the SFX, I did put a lot of enphasys in the low frequencies. I don't know it they are still there (because of the mp3 compression), but sounds good in the subwoofer :D

opacity: come on, don't be shy and tell me what you think. ;)

I think there are some isues in the reel that can be spotted easily but I couldn't fix because I didn't have enough time, but nobody have pointed them. You should be more picky ;)

Regards.

Daniel.

arvid
12-22-2002, 10:44 PM
opacity: come on, don't be shy and tell me what you think. ;)

hehe sorry never got around to it the other day ;)

I wish more reels looked like this, you show a good range of skills! that's always good :) The motiondesign aspects are topnotch, the 3D looks good, especially the landscapes. The jet aircraft could use some work, contrast and colormatching at least. Over all very nice, good job! :)

stephen2002
12-22-2002, 10:49 PM
one moment while I pick my jaw off the table...

That was really good. The transitions were very nice, and the fact that you tied everything together just a little bit instead of having it all be random things flashing onto the screen was a great touch.

The music matched quite well. Good job, couldn't find anything obviously wrong with it aside from the fact that the compression blended all of your nice detail in the shadows into one black blob, but can't really fix that and I am sure it is great on tape.

DaliFan
12-23-2002, 05:25 AM
slime that was great

I loved all of it. Very nice site as well. Great job! :thumbsup:

qu2k
12-23-2002, 05:50 AM
i really like the blue skys, beautiful day theme. the music ties it together nicely. gives ya a warm fuzzy feeling
:D

Nikos
12-23-2002, 05:08 PM
Great work!!!
Probably one of the best homemade soundtracks that I've heard in a showreel as well. :)

The environments looked really nice and the whole thing just felt really well polished. The only thing that just struck me a bit too long was somewhere in the early middle parts with the spaceship flying towards earth. Qualitywise it didn't really match up to the rest of your stuff because it's just one among many flying spaceships you see every day, although the Earth object looked really nice. ;)

Otherwise, great stuff!

T0BER
12-24-2002, 07:33 AM
Neat. :)

Overall I think its very clean and well thought out. There are two things which stick out for me though:

1. The plane taking off at the start, it's not as well refined as the rest of the reel - I think you should leave it out.

2. As mentioned previously, the girl running is stilted and needs additional inbetween frames.

All the best.

Heber
12-24-2002, 07:55 AM
Originally posted by slime
rayfusion: tell me what image do you want and I'll make a hi-res version if I can. :)
[/B]

coool i wanted the 2002 wallpaper from the graphic design section and also the cell lookin red render if it was possible...thx ..i think they would look cool on my desktop

urgaffel
12-24-2002, 07:58 AM
Very very nice. As mentioned, sound design and music is really well done, and the girl needs more frames :)

But damn it was good looking!

:thumbsup:

HellCGer
12-24-2002, 01:37 PM
only word i can say is cooooooooooooooooool!

MOD
12-26-2002, 04:52 AM
hey slime:
I like your works so much! and I did visit your site! I know you can do web design got 2d works ,music works and so on....if that is all by youself ,I think you have completely skill to finished a film.........that is so cool !!!!!!!
by the way I want know you are boy or girl, because when I talk with people about you I can call you it who is did great job as you!
hehehehehe...............now I playing your music ! that is so soft make me easy!

slime
01-03-2003, 11:42 AM
Hi! Happy new year :)

I was on vacation and couldn't answer before, but thank you very much for the replies. You have pointed a lot of details that needed to be improved, so I have learned a lot and the next time I will make it better.

rayfusion> I think I lost the original graphic design wallpaper (1280x1024). I will take a loot at my backup CDs; perhaps it's there. The red cell thing, I will re-render the layers and composite it. keep tuned.

Regards!

Daniel.

Meshweaver
01-04-2003, 05:48 AM
a very nice reel there :)

my suggestions :

:thumbsdow The intro with the plane - I think you should drop it - it looks a bit like a toy and the whole section just doesn't compare to the rest of the reel quality wise..

you could probably drop the clip that starts 50 secs in with the droid control ship and instead start that bit with the launch of the smaller craft instead.

The bit where we are close up to the launched craft is probably a bit too long - I felt myself evaluating it - liking it and then saying to myself - "OK what's next? - let's get on with it!" :)

scenery and water effects - :thumbsup:

wind blowing leaves - :airguitar

The intro to the anime girl clip - short section with just clouds? - drop that and just start with the bit where the clouds appear and then we swing down to the girl..

On the girls motion when running - I like it - I've seen many a manga film where the motion is just like that -- Tho I think the nose is a bit too harsh in the next sequence compared to the rest of her .

all in all - A nice reel - different from the norm - I'd definately rate it as a watcher! :)

hope my humble opinion helps ya out!

Jabo
01-04-2003, 07:05 AM
Man, that's sooooo nice! I love the cloud scenes and the interior view of the vains and all that stuff. Not only the 3d stuff, no, all of the typo crossing the screen looks absolutely delicious!

Great work , except some minor issues (the run-animation, too much reflection on the water-surfaces etc, really minor stuff), it's perfect!

InAction
02-01-2003, 09:53 AM
Your art are freaking goood!!

So good i think it is balancing on the edge to fotorealism.:eek: Keep it up. All other art on the page is damn good to.

One last thing: You´ve just got yourself a new fan.

:buttrock: :buttrock: Better art are hard to find. :buttrock: :buttrock:

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 12:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.