PDA

View Full Version : Entropy Evaluation Version

doppelganger
03-06-2002, 09:33 AM
Regards all,

I am interested in trying out Entropy. I see there is an evaluation version available. Does anyone know the limits on this? I know it is (rightfully) watermarked but is it a timed demo, what featurees are disabled, if any?

Thanks!

Scott

SheepFactory
03-06-2002, 09:52 AM
www.exluna.com ,

all the answers to your questions are there ;)

A|i

doppelganger
03-06-2002, 12:36 PM
Thanks for the reply but...
Ummm...
I was there and I was reading the site was well as the FAQ and I didnt find the answer to my question which is why I posted here. Does anyone know the answer? In persuit of the exluna pages none detailed the specifics of how the eval version of Entropy is disabled...

So I ask again. If I missed it on the page just post a link and I will stand corrected...

Scott

doppelganger
03-06-2002, 12:39 PM
ok, I see if you click teh buy link you will find a blurb that tells you it is timed and watermarked.. I knew it was watermarked now if I can find out how long the eval is : )

SheepFactory
03-06-2002, 01:11 PM
from what i remember it is a timed eval , like for a month or so , after that you request another licence if you want to keep testing.

A|i

Mauritius
03-09-2002, 12:54 AM
The only restriction in the Entropy is the watermark.
It's a subtle watermark btw. -- nothing of that caliber as in the Maya PLE. ;)

The license is included and runs for one month.
All you have to do is to fill out the form on the d/l page.
After the license expires and you are still unsure, you can d/l a new eval.

.mm

doppelganger
03-11-2002, 01:38 AM
Exactly the info I was looking for. I was struck by how nondescript the watermark is on the tirl version as well as how very very nice the renderings are. I am looking forward to giving it a go : )

Thanks again!

Scott

ErickG
04-09-2002, 02:11 PM
Scott,

If you are using it with Maxman or Mayaman there are some other limitations with the hook-ups. Also I don't think it will let you save in the Delayed Read Archive format (which will let you create scenes with billions of polygons!)

There might be a few more but that is what I recall.

-Erick

alex.ongaro
04-09-2002, 09:55 PM
Other restrictions are:
-No multiprocessors supports
-Some differences in noise functions

Alex

ErickG
05-04-2002, 02:53 PM
Also if you are using this with Maxman or Mayaman you will not be able to get correct framebuffer support within those packages.

-Erick

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 03:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.