PDA

View Full Version : Sea foam near coast

Geser
03-22-2006, 12:38 PM
Hello!
I have the terrain and water. Near terrain's coastline i want to have foam in the water.
I can draw mask bitmap and mix 2 materials - water and foam. The mask selects waterplane's area around terrain, where is the foam. But if I will change terrain, then I would need to do mask again. Can I use functions or may be another methods for masking places where foam should be? Help very much appreciated!

mwalter1
03-22-2006, 03:12 PM
Do a forum search on sea. There is an excellent article on how to make foam along the shoreline (it's the article with 5 pages of replies). Also take a look at the www.renderosity.com (http://www.renderosity.com) Vue forum.

Geser
03-23-2006, 05:20 PM
Thank you for the tip! I have found the renderosity small tutorial via link here. I did not know what words to search actually.

mdunakin
03-23-2006, 07:18 PM
Yeah, there are a few of them out there, so if that one doesn't help,
let us know as I know there are some other out there as well.

............md :)

Geser
03-23-2006, 09:03 PM
Well. I'm using Distance to object below function, it is easy for me to imagine what is it. :)Currently i would like to try to improve it by adding noise to the distribution function, but I'm not sure.

CGTalk Moderation
03-23-2006, 09:03 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.