PDA

View Full Version : how to....

bluemonika
03-22-2006, 07:38 AM
okay...i have blender on my computer for more than a year now but only started to take matters into my own hands because i really want to expand my art field and do 3D as well. so yes...i am a beginner so please bear with me :P i am a quick learner tough.

now...what i always wondered for a while with these programs is this one thing...for example:

i have a 3d cube and on each corner there are these yellow or pinkish little balls wich allow you to modify the shape of the cube. ( sorry forgot the name of those balls ^^;) anyway...what i want to know is:

if i want to add another one of those little balls into the shape that i am working with, so that i can adjust and modify it more and put more detail in it, how do i do that?

thank you for your time ^^

piro1
03-22-2006, 08:44 AM
Hi,
ok those little "balls" are vertices. you can edit them when you are in edit mode ("tab" key to activate deactivate the edit mode). to ad more vertices you can selec 2 or more of them (clicking on them or pressing the "b" key to square selection) and push the "w" key (shows you some choice - example subdivide); if you select a face (four vertices) you can extrude it by pressing "e" key. try it. it is funny.
But if you want just to move some vertices around, try to exit from edit mode (tab), delete the cube (x or canc) and add ("space" key) a mesh-sphere. You can select the number of line and vertices of the sphere (you can get a sphere with only 8 vertices (a cube) also).
Hope this helped a little.
bye
Piro

bluemonika
03-22-2006, 09:40 AM
thanks! it really helped alot! :D now i only have one more...stupid...question...>_<

when i want to rotate the shape i am working with...or the camera..my computer mouse has the two buttons left/right ( duh) and in the middle a round thing witch allows me to zoom in and rotate the camera...however that ''wheel'' on my mouse isn't working properly anymore so i have trouble zooming in.....what is the PROPER way of doing that?.....^^; sorry for being such a noob.

piro1
03-22-2006, 09:58 AM
everyone is a noob soon or later. i'm still a Blender noob, so don't worry.
I think you have to push ctrl+ middle mouse button and ply with the mouse. or just push + and -
bye

FreakyDude
03-22-2006, 08:12 PM
no problem for being a noob. the thing you described as "wheel" by the way is also CALLED the mousewheel. Are you a bit new with using computers alltogether? Not trying to be insulting, just trying to get an image, so I won't use 3Dterms you might not understand yet If I would answer a question.......
Well I think that's what I mean anyway....

bluemonika
03-22-2006, 08:14 PM
no i am not 100% new to computers . english is not my main language so that is why it is sometimes a bit difficult to name things in english ^^;

FreakyDude
03-22-2006, 08:44 PM
Yeah okay, I just looked at your webpage so I figured OOOOkay, this guy is no computernoob. Your images rock. you live in the same country, seam to speak 4 languages and make kickass graphics wow. I'm jealous, I don't care about the other three languages but I like the way japanese sounds.....

bluemonika
03-23-2006, 07:18 AM
hahaha thanks :D ah you are from the netherlands too? ( i'm a girl by the way :P ) well it isn't like i know really much technical stuff about the computer itself but i always managed to learn quickly and know my way with art programs :) the only programs that i do have problems with are 3d programs ( i was happy when i knew how to start them and close them ^^; but i am beyond that stage now luckily ^^;) i am currently still studying japanese. i hope that in two years i can get a degree in this and do still plan to get some job in the art business. in the meanwhile while studying japanese i keep improving my stuff and learn myself new things and experiences as much as possible :)

thanks for the comments but i have no questions now at the moment about 3d ( i will pop up sooner or latere again tough :P )

FreakyDude
03-23-2006, 05:17 PM
and it's a girl! this keeps getting better :P. anyway, nice to see you here. Maybe I might have some questions myself someday, about the japanese. No really!
Anyway, yes I think your 2d art is quite good, and good 2d artists ussually seem to make good 3d artists aswell. Nice to meet you, have fun blending!

BuckBeaver
03-23-2006, 05:50 PM
Have you read the Blender Noob to Pro Wikibook (http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Blender_3D:_Noob_to_Pro)? I found it very helpful when I was learning the interface and getting the hang of things.

LetterRip
03-23-2006, 11:19 PM
bluemonika,

have you heard of Blenders Project Orange Premiere? It is in the Netherlands,

http://orange.blender.org

the first showing is sold out but you might want to attend one of the other showings.

LetterRip

bluemonika
03-24-2006, 04:19 PM
ooh nou THAT'S very interesting :D no i haven't heard of the orange blender project. i will look into it :) thanks!

buckbeaver: nope haven't done that either, but i will now! :D

freakydude: thanks. i will post more here when i have advanced a little more.

CGTalk Moderation
03-24-2006, 04:19 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.